• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Merc1973

nhdz438.jpgCQBP1OL.jpg9ISml7r.jpgyaxlvfL.jpg

This summer:

Cut down a junky old half dead cherry tree, took 2 loads of brush to the dump.

Picked up 4 pallets north of Westminster, MD to enlarge my firewood stack for this winter season. Took some scenic photos. :grin:

Another Ahab

This summer:

Picked up 4 pallets north of Westminster, MD to enlarge my firewood stack for this winter season. Took some scenic photos.
Those are some nice pics; and your rig looks great! That's pretty country up there towards Sykesville; haven't been up in that area since grade-school.

Is the State Hospital still up there?

rustystud

I recently replaced my air horn solenoid on my A3 but the horn still doesn't seem to work right. Sometimes when I honk it it sounds like a dying seal. Do I need to replace the horn?
You can disassemble the horn and clean it up. There is a metal "flap" that can get real cruddy. That is what makes the sound wave. I cleaned mine up and tried it out in the basement with just my shop air. The wife was "NOT" happy !!!
Also the electric "solenoid" can get sticky. Try flushing some brake clean through it with the power applied. Then squirt some lubricant like a good PTFE in it. I use "Tri-Flow" myself.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can disassemble the horn and clean it up. There is a metal "flap" that can get real cruddy. That is what makes the sound wave. I cleaned mine up and tried it out in the basement with just my shop air. The wife was "NOT" happy !!!
Also the electric "solenoid" can get sticky. Try flushing some brake clean through it with the power applied. Then squirt some lubricant like a good PTFE in it. I use "Tri-Flow" myself.
Good info.
I had to do that to the two trumpets (horns) on our deuce. Lots of crud on the REED (as in a woodwind instrument like a clarinet). The crud essentially dampens the vibrations created as air passes by the reed in the horn. NO vibration = NO honky.

Since the reed in ours was the brass type (copper based), I soaked them overnight in fresh vinegar (like cleaning a penny) and they were nice and shiny and ready for reassembly in the morning.

Another Ahab

Probably CAREFULLY applying her lipstick just at that moment, too.

I bet that was good. Got the pic?!

earthquake-550x300.jpg

Last edited:

Merc1973

Those are some nice pics; and your rig looks great! That's pretty country up there towards Sykesville; haven't been up in that area since grade-school.

Is the State Hospital still up there?
Thanks, Great day to drive the deuce with great scenery! Im not sure if its still there, I moved here 2 years ago, originally from Detroit area.

rustystud

Good info.
I had to do that to the two trumpets (horns) on our deuce. Lots of crud on the REED (as in a woodwind instrument like a clarinet). The crud essentially dampens the vibrations created as air passes by the reed in the horn. NO vibration = NO honky.

Since the reed in ours was the brass type (copper based), I soaked them overnight in fresh vinegar (like cleaning a penny) and they were nice and shiny and ready for reassembly in the morning.
Reed ! That was the word I was looking for ! Thanks Coldwarrior !

Eliteweapons

We started painting the adapters and rims this weekend. I am still sick and feeling like crap so my nephew did most of the work. I helped setup the ladders and tape up the one rim. Starting to look good thou. image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg
We will be installing them this week hopefully.

Yarz

Finally finished up the bodywork/base color paint today!

Painted the bed ~4 years ago, and then had to replace some rust on the cab/fenders before I could paint the rest.

I'd ultimately like to do one more sand/paint (probably next summer) to hide some of the runs, fix a few dings from reassembling, and get the bed/cab to match 100%. Then I can do the white markings. Going to need to read up on how to do those properly.

When I got it:
front corner shot.jpg
Today:
36 Wide shot complete.jpg

chestypuller1371

Anyone know what a part number for a pilot bushing is on the 67 multifuel m35a2? im trying to get the wife to get me one since its bronze for out wedding anniversary thats comming up and was hoping to find a part number so she could pick one up locally or order it online.

chestypuller1371

daytonatrbo

Well, a few weeks ago my M109 sold. The guy drove it 190 miles home. Other than the intake flame heater springing a leak before he even left my yard, he had no issues on the way home.

I'm trying to get my yard cleaned up to the point where I can finally get to work on swapping over my drop side bed on my M35.

nchittendon

I moonlight for a local paintball field. It's attached to a Family Entertainment Center called Shenanigans. Each year we participate in the local parades, and last weekend was the biggest one. Our city goes from 35,000 people to over 100,000 for the weekend. We throw a DJ and a Tiki bar in the back of the deuce, and roll LOUD. Everyone says they can hear us long before they see us. Everyone loves the truck.

14449939_10157699268680657_5297975187821983040_n.jpg14463176_10157705293110657_2347247850327269440_n.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks