• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

jking615

Second ONLY to the Walther PPK; nice choice. [thumbzup]
Her father was adamant that she gets a Glock 19, but she refused it. She is a hammer-fire girl, and as a revolver person, I support that without problem. My only problem with the Blocks are that they are not that comfortable to hold, and they have a serious problem with dust. Her father's response to that was "But they are super easy to take down if they do malfunction." Needless to say I showed him my old M9 and he nearly wet himself.

rustystud

Good video, just one word of advice. Next time don't stick the camera out the window so much. The sound of the wind passing by makes it hard to enjoy the scenery. I know I can just turn down the volume, but then I cannot enjoy the hum of the multifuel !

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Only one small piece of luggage?! Your Mom is one good sport: sending blessings to you all!

Best regards :beer:

Seasons blessings to you and yours my friend.
:beer:

rustystud said:
Good video, just one word of advice. Next time don't stick the camera out the window so much. The sound of the wind passing by makes it hard to enjoy the scenery.......
then I can enjoy the hum of the multifuel !
Noted!

Yeah I guess I got carried away a bit there,...

Aussie.

zanther

New starter

I replaced the petcock on my secondary fuel filter housing. Ended up using a Schrader valve for a couple of days while waiting on a new petcock to arrive. 1/8" NPT Air tank drain is what I had to search for on the big A.

Also replaced the starter on my m35a2c yesterday with a DelcoRemy 39MT. It was pricey but my local starter/alternator repair guy says he won't rebuild Leeville Neece's any longer due to poor quality control on their parts after moving manufacturing to China.

Then I used the truck to pick up 114bdft of Eastern Maple for a furniture project I'm making for a friend.

20161207_205723073_iOS.jpg

Attachments

tobyS

I replaced the petcock on my secondary fuel filter housing. Ended up using a Schrader valve for a couple of days while waiting on a new petcock to arrive. 1/8" NPT Air tank drain is what I had to search for on the big A.

Also replaced the starter on my m35a2c yesterday with a DelcoRemy 39MT. It was pricey but my local starter/alternator repair guy says he won't rebuild Leeville Neece's any longer due to poor quality control on their parts after moving manufacturing to China.

Then I used the truck to pick up 114bdft of Eastern Maple for a furniture project I'm making for a friend.

View attachment 657017
Eastern (hard) maple in Washington? Kiln dried?

Did you mean alternator or starter?

zanther

Yep to Hard and kiln dried , got it through Hardwood Industries, regional wood wholesaler. I get to shop there because we've got a woodworking group that has finagled an account.

Starter definitely. The weight wasn't really resting on my turbo, that was snug but more of a Just-In-Case safety strap.

20161207_165459577_iOS.jpg20161207_181450424_iOS.jpg

tobyS

Yea I saw the starter after I wrote that.

You have some nice thick maple, is it figured or any burls? Some maples can have wild patterns.

I built a high-tension bandsawmill and the first thing I cut was a 36" walnut burl.

Another Ahab

Yea I saw the starter after I wrote that.

You have some nice thick maple, is it figured or any burls? Some maples can have wild patterns.

I built a high-tension bandsawmill and the first thing I cut was a 36" walnut burl.
Where did you get that piece of gold; harvest it yourself?!

tobyS

Where did you get that piece of gold; harvest it yourself?!
I bought a small load of walnut and a few other hardwoods to test the saw on and it was their ugly duckling, so I agreed to take it.

I had to sacrifice 2" to get it through the 34" opening and made from 1/2" thickness to about 3". Simply incredible. But had a few pockets of **** the threw sparks from my Stellite tipped teeth.

zanther

Nope this is pretty standard looking wood, nothing special in the figure or pattern that I've seen. Though I will have to resaw some of it so I might find a few gems. I'm making a double-wide tatami platform for a friend. hoping to use a new to me Japanese joint that doesn't require screws.

tobyS

We invested in development of the machinery to compete with Wood Miser on the top and commercial market for sawmills with a unique, ultra high tension bandsaw. I put 5 years in the project, plus about $200k in.... and it bankrupt me in 88. Not sure about lucky, but the saw performed even better than predicted. So well that no US band makers can make our thin bands.

Since then I make what others pay to have made, from automating the primary part of a veneer factory to changing the driven pulley on a 150 year old 12" wide band mill, to making stack breakdown, grading lines, Siemens PC control and lots of high power electrical.

I had a patent about to issue on the bandsaw but dropped it when financing failed and I watched the Asians in the US Patent office taking the patents for the cost of a copy. It's still a proprietary advantage that I intend to put into a process making thin wood lamination stocks. Working on a 3" blade with now, kerf about .060", Stellite tipped.

Edit...I'll check and see if there is a sawmill thread.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

We invested in development of the machinery to compete with Wood Miser on the top and commercial market for sawmills with a unique, ultra high tension bandsaw. I put 5 years in the project, plus about $200k in.... and it bankrupt me in 88. Not sure about lucky, but the saw performed even better than predicted. So well that no US band makers can make our thin bands.

Since then I make what others pay to have made, from automating the primary part of a veneer factory to changing the driven pulley on a 150 year old 12" wide band mill, to making stack breakdown, grading lines, Siemens PC control and lots of high power electrical.

I had a patent about to issue on the bandsaw but dropped it when financing failed and I watched the Asians in the US Patent office taking the patents for the cost of a copy. It's still a proprietary advantage that I intend to put into a process making thin wood lamination stocks. Working on a 3" blade with now, kerf about .060", Stellite tipped.

Edit...I'll check and see if there is a sawmill thread.
Please start one if there isn't. Just a general wood and woodworking thread. I'd be all over it; and I bet there's others! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks