• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Chances of that falling on simp5782 are about a billion to one, he can't be still long enough for it to catch him!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Adderral and death wish coffee are your friends.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

FloridaAKM

I'm taking Betsy, my M35a2c Deuce, to work again this week instead of last week. The Boss & others nixed the last week run due to the alphabet agency's inspections of the plant; anybody that knows me understands the plight. If I posted what was up, only a few would even believe me; anyway we are hitting the road for a short trip & show tomorrow morning before the sun comes up.

What I really want to drive is the M1081 back to work where she was delivered after leaving Ft Bragg, but there are more insurance hoops to jump thru first.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes sir. Both courtesy of CSM Davis.

I like how it feels the emptiness left by not running a spare where the factory deuce spare resides.
Exactly what I was thinking for mine. I put 395s on it and still have the original spare under there. I put a 5T style in the bed behind the cab. Your toolbox looks like a perfect fit and match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Entered my Deuce in the 4th Annual Cutrano Hotrods & Hawgs Charity Benefit Party & Toy Drive (for the children of fallen AZ military members) along with some of the other members of the Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club. Our club won Best of Show 3rd Place. Apparently among the 23 categories they had to judge on, they missed the Awesome Military Vehicle category. Neither the HMMV or M37 was chosen for Best 4x4 and for some reason they didn't even have a Best 6x6 category.:shrugs: They also parked us in another section away form the motorcycles, cars and little trucks. I'm guessing they didn't want the other contestants to feel inadequate about the small size of their vehicles. :D Anyway, this being my first vehicle contest, I had a lot of fun. I even stayed after everything was done & two members of the Combat Dolls organization & their photographer asked to do some shots in my truck. Once his images are up on his site, I'll share them here, but for now, here are some shots from the show.

IMAG7286.jpgIMAG7287.jpgIMAG7288.jpgIMAG7289.jpgIMAG7290.jpgIMAG7292.jpgIMAG7314.jpgIMAG7316.jpg

Hopefully it is not forbidden here, but I also thought I would share a couple photos of some of the very nice vehicles I saw there that weren't MVs.
IMAG7281.jpgIMAG7249.jpgIMAG7251.jpgIMAG7264.jpgIMAG7225.jpgIMAG7228.jpgIMAG7238.jpgIMAG7248.jpgIMAG7283.jpg

Davis Welding

So I have read up on the heater installs and such. I plumbed mine like so:

Green and red to heater. What I am wondering is can I use the purple and yellow ports for a coolant filter? And do I need to change the green port the to lower port in the lower right of the photo, on the water pump? Thanks In advance.

hetaer.jpg

ps461_p18_19_heater_hook_up.jpg

jbayer

So I have read up on the heater installs and such. I plumbed mine like so:

Green and red to heater. What I am wondering is can I use the purple and yellow ports for a coolant filter? And do I need to change the green port the to lower port in the lower right of the photo, on the water pump? Thanks In advance.

View attachment 659028

View attachment 659029
Your green and red spots are the wrong places to connect the heater water lines. You have the pictures right there and you didn't follow them.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks