• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

zanther

Finally did the FDC bypass and found a I had a loose fitting on the turbo for the manifold heater that was causing me to lose some boost. , ( I think?) . The truck is running much better now, I can actually keep up with traffic in my area.

A question about the FDC bypass, what are folk using for fuel line from out of final filter to hydraulic head, my lines are a touch too stretched right now after implementing the FDC bypass. I wish they were just 2 inch's longer, (insert joke here), The fuel line I found at my local True Value is too malleable I think to hold form. I know it's supposed to work without replacing lines but PFC Schmuckatelly must have measured just a bit short.

Last edited:

rustystud

Finally did the FDC bypass and found a I had a loose fitting on the turbo for the manifold heater that was causing me to lose some boost. , ( I think?) . The truck is running much better now, I can actually keep up with traffic in my area.

A question about the FDC bypass, what are folk using for fuel line from out of final filter to hydraulic head, my lines are a touch too stretched right now after implementing the FDC bypass. I wish they were just 2 inch's longer, (insert joke here), The fuel line I found at my local True Value is too malleable I think to hold form. I know it's supposed to work without replacing lines but PFC Schmuckatelly must have measured just a bit short.

Use the DOT poly hose. Any truck shop or NAPA will have it.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
So I have read up on the heater installs and such. I plumbed mine like so:

Green and red to heater. What I am wondering is can I use the purple and yellow ports for a coolant filter? And do I need to change the green port the to lower port in the lower right of the photo, on the water pump? Thanks In advance.

Don't have a heater so put filter like this
CCW filter complete 09172014.jpg

jbayer

So I have read up on the heater installs and such. I plumbed mine like so:

Green and red to heater. What I am wondering is can I use the purple and yellow ports for a coolant filter? And do I need to change the green port the to lower port in the lower right of the photo, on the water pump? Thanks In advance.

Don't have a heater so put filter like this
View attachment 659176
He has the heater hoses connected to the wrong places to start with. If your doing a heater AND coolant filter it's dfferent than what you're showing.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
What I did
Tarp covered up tires, getting hard to get, tires especially ...........

Old and thinkin now about a date in time passed
What the heck was I doin in 53?

It was just a thought that crossed as I was lookin for something
to keep the sunbeams off the tires...........
IMG_1257.jpg
IMG_1257.jpgIMG_1258.jpg
IMG_1259.jpg
IMG_1264.jpg

HanksDeuce

I replaced the dead electric oil pressure sender on my bobber earlier this week. Talk about a pucker factor while driving at 56 mph, 2700 rpm and the oil pressure goes from 75 psig to zero! No underwear was harmed in the process.

Click here for the direct link to my build thread post to see how I installed a remote hose kit for relocating the electric oil pressure sender on the deuce frame rail.

Here are a few teaser pictures. As always visit my build thread or click on my personal deuce website for everything done to date (including videos!).

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I removed 8K lbs. of weight from it.

20161227_091640(0)[1].jpg

jbayer

Ugh. 4 hours, 8 pair of Nitrile gloves 2 cans of brakeClean, 1/2 gallon of parts cleaner later, I have a pretty clean left front brake setup, and drum. Didn't think to take a before pic of that mess. About the most hateful job I've had to do to it yet.
Left Front.jpg

Right side just as bad, similar time and consumables. Can't believe how much brake dust is inside the drums, and on the backs of the shoes!
20161104_160453.jpg20161104_160510.jpg20161104_160537.jpg20161104_160541.jpg20161104_160653.jpg

Maverick1701

today installed my remote brake fluid reservoir from big mikes. It took about an 1.5hrs for the whole ordeal and went on without any major issues. The most difficult part was putting the cap on the vent line which runs to the cap fitting. There is not much room to work down there for two wrenches and two hands working in conjunction.

I also installed my license plate on the drivers rear mud flap. After knocking out those two projects I went for a drive around the county (I had the day off). I probably covered 60miles in about 2hrs. The truck ran well. I also picked up a set of fiberglass troop seats & bows (my current set is a mix of wood/fiber). I can't wait to go over everything in daylight. I figure I can combine the new set with my current set to assemble a good looking set of seats/bows.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Use a pressure washer!
This is my system and it works well. The drums gets cleaned out with paper towels, then put in the parts washer. Spindles, backing plate, shoes, etc. get soaked with a degreasing solution and pressure washed.

Before:

20141205_132101.jpg

After:

20141206_164811.jpg20141207_153415.jpg

Drum and individual parts cleaning:

20141206_195037.jpg20141206_174928.jpg

Can't control all the nastys with a pressure washer without setting up a containment system.
This is an issue. Buy the cheap clear plastic sheets you use when you're painting inside your house. Lay it flat, back the truck over it, jack it up, do the job and when you're done, wrap up the debris in the sheet and dispose of it at your hazmat landfill or whatever is appropriate.

There is absolutely a lot of bad stuff that's coming off these things when doing this job; petroleum products, grease, brake dust, etc., but I literally can't imagine another way of cleaning them. It's just impossible to do it by hand and get a satisfactory job, plus it would take two weeks and 300 rolls of paper towels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks