• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I like to get on my "creeper" and roll under the truck and sleep. Actually I'm looking at all the "potential" projects on the truck. It just looks like I'm sleeping at least my wife thinks I'm sleeping, maybe I am sleeping !
If you do zip tie your wrists to the frame so it looks like you're working on it. We had a guy do that at a warehouse I used to work at. He was on 3rd shift. He'd crawl under a different conveyor every night and sleep. Dang good at it too. He got away with it for several years before someone started auditing his PM's and realized he was useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustystud

If you do zip tie your wrists to the frame so it looks like you're working on it. We had a guy do that at a warehouse I used to work at. He was on 3rd shift. He'd crawl under a different conveyor every night and sleep. Dang good at it too. He got away with it for several years before someone started auditing his PM's and realized he was useless.

We had a mechanic at work on 3rd shift do almost the same thing ! Except he would sneak out after his "nap" and go fishing ! He got caught driving his truck with his boat trailer coming into the parking lot one morning. Found out he lied on his work reports. How many times can you get away with saying the "troubleshooting on the wiring" took 8 hours !
The really sick thing about it was that after he got a lawyer (after being fired) he ending up in management ! Now several years later he is a section "Chief" !!! and I'm retired off with a "medical" since I hurt my body all those years working hard ! At least I know I really did my job and earned my pay. I console myself with that every time I take a pain pill.

Another Ahab

Practically is. I have started a sand processing plant in my garage to dry the wet sand I have. Florida doesn't seem to understand my need for a dry week to work, so it keeps trying to wet all my sand. And before anyone says Mesothelioma, don't worry, I got my proper respirator. I actually just keep filtered air on tap instead of filter elements. I have a bunch of old scuba equipment and a dive compressor that I walk around in when sandblasting.
So your sandblasting get-up looks sort of like this, is that the picture?

Creature-from-the-Black-Lagoon-monster-movies-36925880-948-533.jpg

winfred

went out and started it to see how it'd do, probably our coldest day we'll get at mid-low 20s last night, loserana winters ain't that impressive. popped off after maybe 4 seconds crank with no throttle added, not any different then my 12v cummins dodge and what i expected of a direct injected mechanical diesel

Maverick1701

took it for a drive last Thursday before our snow hit. It was about 24* and a big chilly. I could only taken an hr or so. I am going to take it for another drive today since we are getting up for the low 40s after our snow-storm

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_1672.jpgIMG_1673.jpgIMG_1676.jpgFinished putting a new motor (switched the ldt-4651c to a ldt465-1d thick deck) and whistler turbo in, did alot of other stuff before dropping the new motor in.

Last edited:

Sinisterdeuce

It's a 1973 M35 wit the multifuel. It is sweet. We drove it for two hours back home, the only issue was the front axle seal but the PO have is a new one along with 6 new brake cylinders.

nchittendon

Here in Wisconsin school was canceled 2 hours early today. The packy snow is starting to pile up, so I fired up the deuce (after about a month) aired down the tires to about 25, and went to get the kids. Exiting the school there is a slight incline. The school buses were getting stuck, so I grabbed my tow strap and helped them out of there. The one driver said he was just going to back all the way out. First rule in school bussing with kids all over the place, AVOID BACKING AT ALL COSTS.

Every time I pick the kids up with the deuce, I get lots of funny looks. Lots of doctors and big shot engineer types at this school, so they scoff at her like she's an ugly beast. Well, they were all lined up like a parade today clapping while we got the buses under way.

My son pipes up after we leave and says, "that was awesome dad. We should have recorded it!"

Really dude. NOW you think of that. haha Oh well, next time we'll be more prepared.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here in Wisconsin school was canceled 2 hours early today. The packy snow is starting to pile up, so I fired up the deuce (after about a month) aired down the tires to about 25, and went to get the kids. Exiting the school there is a slight incline. The school buses were getting stuck, so I grabbed my tow strap and helped them out of there. The one driver said he was just going to back all the way out. First rule in school bussing with kids all over the place, AVOID BACKING AT ALL COSTS.

Every time I pick the kids up with the deuce, I get lots of funny looks. Lots of doctors and big shot engineer types at this school, so they scoff at her like she's an ugly beast. Well, they were all lined up like a parade today clapping while we got the buses under way.

My son pipes up after we leave and says, "that was awesome dad. We should have recorded it!"

Really dude. NOW you think of that. haha Oh well, next time we'll be more prepared.
Sounds like today she earned her keep!

I always pick-up & take my kids to school on the last day of school in the deuce. The looks are priceless as I drive right into the bus loading area and drop them off! One day they won't want to do it anymore, so I'm getting my fun in while it lasts. When that day comes I will be hunting them down in it when they are out after curfew.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks