• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

That tube straightener is slick. Where do you typically use tubing runs like that (I'm not familiar with it), for fluids or is it EMT for wiring runs (or both)?!

rustystud

I bought that unit when I was doing my brake lines on the deuce. Works extremely well ! Yes it is pricey but it will straighten out your kinked up lines like right now ! Just move it back and forth and twist it at the same time and like magic it's all straight !

Davis Welding

So I have read up on the heater installs and such. I plumbed mine like so:

Green and red to heater. What I am wondering is can I use the purple and yellow ports for a coolant filter? And do I need to change the green port the to lower port in the lower center of the photo, on the water pump? My AC pump is in the way of that fitting. Thanks In advance.

View attachment 659028

View attachment 659029
I still have not found any good advice on this. My AC compressor is in the way of plumbing it the way the instructions say to do it.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plugged one opening in my intake manifold with a tapered rubber plug with a screw running through the center with a lock washer and a wing nut,when the wing nut is tightened the rubber is compressed and it causes the rubber to expand creating a tight fit. This opening was for a flame heater which I did not have and the thread is ? it's not pipe thread its not metric and i didn't try hydraulic as it could be.

PS the plug was picked up in a pool supply for $3.00 It works great once tightened you cannot pull it out.

Last edited:

rustystud

013.jpg010.jpg009.jpg008.jpg006.jpg1113.jpg28.jpg005 (3).jpg020.jpg004.jpg
I still have not found any good advice on this. My AC compressor is in the way of plumbing it the way the instructions say to do it.

The way to think about routing your coolant lines is the "manifold" is going to the radiator and would be considered the "pressure" side. The water pump then is the "suction" side. Any connection to the manifold then needs a connection to the water pump. Here are a few pictures to show what I mean.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks