• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

That's wacky, Wolfgang; thanks for the shots! Your rig looks great.

I forget now, but what was the theme of the shoot (like why the ladies in the outfits)?

Davis Welding

First off the filter works fine. It never was designed to clean all the coolant at once but to slowly pick-up the crud as time went along. The hose at the back of the block actually feeds into my coolant heater I bought from a member here (Derby) . It was originally just a drain for the block.

Yeah, I know about the "little bit of coolant at a time" thing. Just curious. My block drain is further back towards the flywheel housing. Thanks again.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
That week, way back a few years ago I got a Deuce and an iPhone at same time. I wanted a halftrack but got a Deuce and a phone instead.
Wow, talk about takin away my thinkin time, just is now work & work.

So I put the tunnel floor pieces back in place with fasteners courtesy of
SEARLS84 from Las Cruces, Thank You. Only two fasteners were sheared off, probably the N.G.
I didn't know before the tunnel pull how much work was in there under the tunnel to be done, but it is done now.

Problem is I just found another 5 hours of work to do underneath.
Did not these trucks used to run out of a motor pool with an Army to fix and supply them!?
I am now for sure a caretaker, just me, just one.
Grease, repair, reconfigure, CLEAN, paint, check.
Hope it warms up the cement is cold.

Oh, and pictures for the General ..........................
and nope, I don't know how to loose a double picture.

IMG_1738.jpg
IMG_1738.jpg
IMG_1746.jpg
IMG_1748.jpg
IMG_1750.jpg
IMG_1751.jpg

In the meantime I got a good car to work on
IMG_1667.jpg

And I had plastic surgery too ...........
Just to much to do and so little time
IMG_1709.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

tobyS

Putting PTO on an A3 Allison tranny.

Bought a 17 gpm pump and (buying) the flange kit to direct mount it to the PTO. This PTO also fits the 939 series. It looks like a bit of floor mod will be needed but plenty of room to the frame. There isn't room for a driveshaft and rear mounted pump...this will be cleaner, but tight. Valving for a snow plow, winch, etc, will probably have to be a joystick in the cab. A fork truck mast (attached to snow plow mounts) on the front, might be cool for moving and carrying.

texas30cal

We got deuce no 2 on the road!! Fixed the lights and checked it over including all fluids, next we have to install remote brake reservoir, fix temp gauge, replace bumper and exhaust

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Cool wagon! Why sooooo many broken screens?!!
The other day I decided I had enough of the communications BS
I did not live all my live before these times attached to a phone and it is not doing me any good so I did a little plastic surgery to alleviate the problem. First the hammer then the acid, problem gone.

Another Ahab

Adjusted and tested the second camera I installed a while back. Ran a tv antenna for the box and did some trim work inside. And a few other small projects.
Hey, theeDIZ; it all looks real good!

What's your thinking with the forward camera; that's for when you're back in the "shack", so you can see what's going on, is that it?

Maverick1701

I started bringing my M35A2 fuel cans back to life. I am using the "hit it w/a wire wheel and then soak in a tote full of vinegar" method to remove the loose paint (with the wire wheel) and the rust (with the vinegar bath). I'll let y'all know how it goes.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's an antenna on the front ahab. Both cameras are backup, one near the pintle and the other on top of the box.

rustystud

The other day I decided I had enough of the communications BS
I did not live all my live before these times attached to a phone and it is not doing me any good so I did a little plastic surgery to alleviate the problem. First the hammer then the acid, problem gone.
I totally agree with you ! My wife finally bought me a cheap phone that I only use when I'm going to the store and that is so she can call and remind me what to buy.
I like the front steering ram you have. What kind of steering system are you using ?

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started bringing my M35A2 fuel cans back to life. I am using the "hit it w/a wire wheel and then soak in a tote full of vinegar" method to remove the loose paint (with the wire wheel) and the rust (with the vinegar bath). I'll let y'all know how it goes.
I've used this with good results on motorcycle gas tanks. Note that the vinegar will remove metal if left in there long enough. If you're interested in sealing the interior, I will put a plug in here for POR-15 Fuel Tank Sealer. I have used it several times, and as long as you prepare the interior surfaces well (clean and then let rust lightly) it seals VERY well and does not lift out like the epoxy based sealants. I swear by the stuff, and have some ten years in use with no issues. Can get it on Amazon for a decent price.

Bulldogger

Another Ahab

I've used this with good results on motorcycle gas tanks. Note that the vinegar will remove metal if left in there long enough. If you're interested in sealing the interior, I will put a plug in here for POR-15 Fuel Tank Sealer. I have used it several times, and as long as you prepare the interior surfaces well (clean and then let rust lightly) it seals VERY well and does not lift out like the epoxy based sealants. I swear by the stuff, and have some ten years in use with no issues. Can get it on Amazon for a decent price.
Bulldogger

I wonder if that stuff could be used for rust-proofing the air tanks of a compressor; any idea?

I'm talking completely off the record of MV's; just air compressors (as in painting, nail-guns, etc).

It would save a lot of worry if you forget to drain them sometimes. It should work, do you think?

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if that stuff could be used for rust-proofing the air tanks of a compressor; any idea?

I'm talking completely off the record of MV's; just air compressors (as in painting, nail-guns, etc).

It would save a lot of worry if you forget to drain them sometimes. It should work, do you think?
I don't see why not. Careful application is the only hangup, but entirely controllable by the person doing the work. POR15 make another similar product aimed at the auto restoration market to seal and protect car/truck frames. They have long experience in making product that adheres well and holds up to use.

Bulldogger

texas30cal

There is a product that has been around a long time called Kreem, it's specifically for lining gas tanks, I've used it with great success many times on mc and atv gas tanks. I've even done Coleman stoves and lanterns with it. I suspect it would do well on a compressor but it would take a lot, especially a lot of the acid etch solution for a large tank. I'm not selling it, just thought I'd give you guys something else to research

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For an air compressor tank, Kreem would probably work fine. I don't think it's any more or less expensive, so kind of a personal preference or availability call then. I have had Kreem soften up and leak in bike gas tanks, especially with ethanol gas, but I did not apply it so I cannot speak to its performance under proper application/installation conditions, only that I'm shied off it because of "inherited" problems.
BDGR

texas30cal

Hmmmmm, may very well have been the ethanol that did it, that ethanol is about the worst thing they could have done to our fuel supply!!! I fight ethanol problems constantly, a very large portion of my work is ethanol relayed and I have to explain how to help prevent the problems multiple times every day. I'll have to do some reading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks