• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

Hmmmmm, may very well have been the ethanol that did it, that ethanol is about the worst thing they could have done to our fuel supply!!! I fight ethanol problems constantly, a very large portion of my work is ethanol relayed and I have to explain how to help prevent the problems multiple times every day. I'll have to do some reading.
Apparently it's nothing new either.

Check out this pic courtesy of frank8003. The 30's I'm guessing; pretty wild, huh?

gas15.jpg

I've used this with good results on motorcycle gas tanks. Note that the vinegar will remove metal if left in there long enough.

Bulldogger
Yes! The vinegar ate completely through a motorcycle gas tank and dripped out onto the motor due to some deep "pinholes" on the inside. However I feel some blame in this because I left it in there "extra long" to do an "extra good job". If I do this again I will not leave it in there very long and also drop a small chain inside to agitate with.

Last edited:

deuce2

20170202_144607.jpg20170202_144621.jpg Two days ago I replaced the original soft top bows with a hard top from a doner truck. Also a n.o.s. back piece with a new slider window.:p:p

texas30cal

Yesterday I installed noico sound deadener inside the firewall, bottom side of cowl and bottom of trans tunnel. Removed old seam sealer from floor pans (front), re sealed them, sanded and painted kick panels and screens. Waiting for windshield frame to get blasted, after I get it and new windshields installed it's time to mount the evaporator box. I'm hoping to have all this done as well as seats and hard top before the Texas rally.

deuce2

At the moment it's not running. I have 7 crate motors that i robbed an injection pump off of. Hopefully she'll be purring this sunday after the install is complete. I'll take pics of the install.

deuce2

Pretty much. I work part time for a military museum. We restore aircraft and ground vehicles. Thats why i have all these motors at my disposal. I normally work on m998's. Hmmwv.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Got my supply's all sorted and ready for tomorrow.

I also got the good hose clamps I wanted for it.

And I did have the lower radiator hose in amongst my spares.

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks