• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Eliteweapons

Got my hood back and the repair looks great. We are fixing some of the small cracks and pits in it before we finish painting it and put it back on. Not finished the Camo pattern yet obviously.

image3 - Copy.jpgimage2 - Copy.jpgimage1 - Copy.jpgimage4.jpg

tobyS

Got my hood back and the repair looks great. We are fixing some of the small cracks and pits in it before we finish painting it and put it back on. Not finished the Camo pattern yet obviously.

View attachment 670045View attachment 670044View attachment 670043View attachment 670046
That does look nice. How well do the side covers fit? I've discovered on my A3 that the seams where they made the split and widened and lengthened the steel hood leaks water down into the insulation below.

Eliteweapons

That does look nice. How well do the side covers fit? I've discovered on my A3 that the seams where they made the split and widened and lengthened the steel hood leaks water down into the insulation below.
The side covers fit ok. They have some bends and so on in them from use but that adds to the character and history of the truck. I am not trying to make a show queen just repairing the broken hood. I want to keep as much of the history intact as I can with some tweeks for me.
This is a composite hood thou not steel.

Another Ahab

Thanks, man. All told, I sold four vehicles and a boat. Just accumulating too much crap. Now that the bobber is my only green iron, maybe I'll actually be able to finish building it. I mean, it's only been a four-year project so far... Lol
Unless you gave yourself some kind of deadline, well; who's counting?!
Don't let it bother for nothing (never, nowhere, and nohow).:goodjob::beer:

DavidWymore

Played musical batteries, charged, cleaned, rigged, and replaced cable ends, terminals, etc., got the '66 and '62 running to keep their blood flowing. CUCV too.

FarmerRob

Put a TV screen in front of it and play a road-trip movie now and then; that might cover you until all the wrenching's done....

View attachment 670256
Lol. I'm not quite THAT bad. At least it's capable of moving under it's own power. Once I put some batteries in it. But it won't stop because the brakes are shot (mixed fluid). And I can't take it on the road because the hood flew up and destroyed itself (along with the windshields) while being transported from MI to TX. But all the fabrication is done! :goodjob:

Another Ahab

Lol. I'm not quite THAT bad. At least it's capable of moving under it's own power. Once I put some batteries in it. But it won't stop because the brakes are shot (mixed fluid). And I can't take it on the road because the hood flew up and destroyed itself (along with the windshields) while being transported from MI to TX. But all the fabrication is done!
OK, you got me there.

THAT'S a good reason to keep her in the driveway.

FarmerRob

OK, you got me there.

THAT'S a good reason to keep her in the driveway.
Yeah, it hasn't been road-worthy since the day I bought it. As a full-size truck, it ran but had a shredded radiator. I started the bobber conversion but then got other trucks to work on so the bobber fell by the wayside. A friend hauled it 300 miles from MI to IL on an M872 trailer and then I flat-towed it behind an M813 1200 miles from IL to TX, then flat-towed behind a deuce another 300 miles from my last place to where I am now. It's my red-headed stepchild vehicle...

Attachments

FarmerRob

Your collection is growing nicely. :goodjob::beer:
Lol. Actually, it's not. The M813 was somebody else's (I was only transporting it), I sold two deuces, three trailers and my M816 before I left Michigan and I sold the full-size deuce and the last M105 two weeks ago. All I have left is the bobber (like I said in the original post you replied to ;) )

Another Ahab

Lol. Actually, it's not. The M813 was somebody else's (I was only transporting it), I sold two deuces, three trailers and my M816 before I left Michigan and I sold the full-size deuce and the last M105 two weeks ago. All I have left is the bobber (like I said in the original post you replied to )
Oh, lordy; no escaping the inevitable, I guess I'm starting to lose it...

ABC.gif

Last edited:

Yarz

I flat-towed it behind an M813 1200 miles from IL to TX, then flat-towed behind a deuce another 300 miles from my last place to where I am now. It's my red-headed stepchild vehicle...
I don't want to drive mine that far, let alone tow another truck behind, with a trailer! :not worthy:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks