• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1585.JPGDSCF1588.JPG I finished sanding, priming, and painting the front bumper this week. And soon as the PTO gaskets arrive, I'll start the PTO installation.

Another Ahab

View attachment 672528View attachment 672529Got some oak to make new side broads/troop seats.
That's good looking oak. [thumbzup]

If you don't know it already, it's never a bad idea to wear gloves when working with rough-sawn oak like that.

It's great material, but you can pick up some nasty splinters from the stuff.

(Full disclosure: I did summer work as a kid, building and repairing three-rail horse fencing in the local area).

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1350.JPGDSCF1351.JPGDSCF1352.JPGDSCF1353.JPGDSCF1354.JPGDSCF1349.JPG Hi Gimpy, it works just fine. I have close to 3000mi on the air filter mod. with no problems. The 5 ton tubing inside and outside needs to be modified. I shortened the outside pipe to fit on the narrow/short deuce fender. The inside pipe I cut at the elbow and rotated it about 180 degrees, and then welded in a fillet to get the right angle to the turbo. The pipe to the turbo I shortened and used a 4 1/2 inch flex hose to join the two. I used the stock M35 intake bellows hose, shortened it, and used a piece of hi temp hose on the turbo intake spigot, and then slid the bellows hose coated with a little RTV over the hi temp hose and clamped it in place. All parts are 2.5 and 5 ton parts other than the hi temp hose and flex hose. Also the dipstick just clears the intake plumbing. Hardest part was cutting the 4 in. hole in the right hand side panel. I used a 5 ton side panel as a template. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Last edited:

HanksDeuce

I replaced my starter yesterday on my 6BT engine swap after 3 years and 3000 miles of use. Apparently driving through 4-5 ft of water during the August 2016 Great Louisiana Flood got water where it shouldn't have been. No clue why it took 7 months to create sludge and make it's way to the delicate spots inside the starter. No hope on rebuilding the starter I brought in. $302 at P&R Electric in Baton Rouge and I came home with a brand new starter. I had a few choice words with those (3) starter bolts that are a PITA to put in. Fired right up. God I love that sound. Needs a whistler though... :)

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That 5 ton air cleaner looks good mounted on a 2 1/2 ton
I got the idea several years ago from an M36A2 that was for sale on GL at Tooele Army Depot. The M36A2 came with a trailer made from the back half of an M35 complete with tandem axles and bed. They had replaced the LDT engine with an LDS to haul the extra weight and then bolted the 5 ton air filter on the fender.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Replaced fuel filters, and upgraded to a 5 micron final filter. Detailed the truck, then managed to axle it out trying to play hero for a couple guys in a Jeep.

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

Another Ahab

Replaced fuel filters, and upgraded to a 5 micron final filter. Detailed the truck, then managed to axle it out trying to play hero for a couple guys in a Jeep.
I don't know if there's a classification system for mud, but if there is I'd bet you had yourself some "Class A" mud right there. :driver::naner:

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top
Nice truck...hope you didn't get too much dirt behind her ears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustystud

Nice truck...hope you didn't get too much dirt behind her ears!

Thank you, she was nasty, had a date about 2 hours with the pressure washer afterwards. Now gotta go through all the fluids checking
When I was in tanks in the Marines it was a blast to take it out and play with it in the mud and crud. But the clean-up afterward was a royal pain in the A$$ !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks