• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This I am aware of, I was told by a few people I know that there was a lot of non-spec shear pins that got released as NOS and I don't want to break a pin when not even near full load on the winch. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Gerhard posted an equivalent Al rod number so you could make your own. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Actually a lot of shops use the back lot to do there quick jobs. I once had to use a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood to remove a 6 speed MT series Allison transmission from a garbage truck. It was an extremely hot day in Phoenix AZ. and the maggots where dropping on me.
Absolutely not. I bet the smell was awesome

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

This I am aware of, I was told by a few people I know that there was a lot of non-spec shear pins that got released as NOS and I don't want to break a pin when not even near full load on the winch. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course you can halve the load on the winch by using a 'snach block'

Just say'n,....

Aussie.

texas30cal

I replaced my rear pinion seal on the rear axle, but noticed the rear one on the mid axle is leaking now. I'm TRYING to fix the leaks faster than they occur!!!! The last machine shop I worked in also had a welding and fab shop that did some repair work, one of the guys had to pull the main hyd cylinder out of a garbage truck, it was BADDDDDDD!!!!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Found out why the horns weren't working, apparently these two plugs were unplugged. Also installed a air hose connection for airing up tires and running air tools.

sharkhunter2018

I have a glad hand hose that I've run off the back of the truck. There is also a valve under the dash on the passenger side which is where I put an air hose connection. Bout all I used it for was to run a nail gun doing fence work which I soon found out didn't work at all. The pressure is there but a Deuce just doesn't have the volume needed. I would get one or two good hits and after that it would only drive them half way. I may add an aux tank somewhere but for now a generator and air compressor works just fine

Another Ahab

Found out why the horns weren't working, apparently these two plugs were unplugged. Also installed a air hose connection for airing up tires and running air tools.
I have a glad hand hose that I've run off the back of the truck. There is also a valve under the dash on the passenger side which is where I put an air hose connection. Bout all I used it for was to run a nail gun doing fence work which I soon found out didn't work at all. The pressure is there but a Deuce just doesn't have the volume needed. I would get one or two good hits and after that it would only drive them half way. I may add an aux tank somewhere but for now a generator and air compressor works just fine
That answers that:

- I was wondering if the CFM'S were there for running air-powered tools.

sharkhunter2018

That answers that:

- I was wondering if the CFM'S were there for running air-powered tools.
I figured it would. A framing nailer isn't a high volume tool. I have an air compressor with a similar volume to a Deuce at 9 gallons and it won't run the gun very well either. I use my 30 gallon portable compressor instead which runs it just fine. Fully charged I can shoot a full magazine of nails without it kicking on which allows me to patch a few panels of 3 board without dragging the generator with me. And thats running full pressure @ 150 psi

I never experimented with shorter nails (was using 3 1/4") or different lumber like pressure treated which may or may not gain a few extra nails being much softer than new oak boards.

For things like impact guns and air ratchets...forget it. You'd end up spending more time waiting for the air comp to catch up than anything

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry about the picture duplication. New computer Old Operator. By the time I get Windows 10 figured out, they'll be using Windows 14 or 15!:shrugs:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I measured the shim gasket at .020. Checked the lash with the PTO in gear and easily turned the output shaft back and forth, and had a nice small click each way. I have not engaged the PTO with the engine running. It shifts smoothly with the transmission in gear and engine stopped.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Son drove it to work yesterday, and today touched up some scratches and getting ready for the first car show starting this week!
20170409_155902.jpg20170409_155920.jpg20170409_155930.jpg

zanther

Took advantage of some sunshine today to clean and paint things while I've got it apart for head gaskets. I've got a broken air plenum stud so I'm soaking it with PB blast and giving it plenty of time to work.

I tried this high temp Forest Green but think I'll go ahead and paint the valve covers flat black too, it's a bit too light green

winfred

swapped out my transfer case by myself today and that was a pain, engine crane through the dr door to lower it to a dolly, now need to plumb the air shift control

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks