• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

texas30cal

Elijah95.... The protectors are available on the popular auction site, search the nsn # shown above. They have a sorry rubber coating that rusts underneath before you even get them out of the package. Soak in lacquer thinner to remove then blast and prime/paint. I made a pliable rubber gasket to put between it and the firewall with a id a little smaller than the harness. BETTER than new!!!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the turn signal flasher control unit, checked the oil in all 3 axles, transmission, and transfer case.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1622.JPG The winch driveshaft is installed, and the winch serviced. My first winch installation and no leaks. The SS archives and TMs were a big help.

Migginsbros

Tracer, the deuce named M3... ? What´s years they were build? Is this one someone to save?
campain 406.145 030.jpg See´n in the neighborhood. Perhaps it is obtained.

Last edited:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
The G177's look nice, lots of area in contact. You know the 14.5 aka 365 is the same rev/mile so you could go wide on the front
Ironically I was kind of curious about something to widen my narrow track up front, that's for the tid bit

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Yesterday I took the passenger seats out and I'll take them to be recovered tomorrow on my way into work,....
I've already had the drivers seat base recovered so all I have left to do is the drivers seat back.

Pics coming once the whole project is done.
;)

Oh, anyone know where I might get the original style seatbelts from?

Aussie.

winfred

vacuumed the mouse turds out of the cab, installed thread inserts for the missing bolts for the tunnel covers, lubed and adjusted the springer seat and properly attached backrest on passenger seat, finished up plumbing the air for the sprag transfer caseectomy/reman air shift install and verified function of 6x6 (and strong likelihood someone installed a detroit locker in the front diff) then solved the problem of not being able to steer with 395s with avm hubs, got my air wipers working with a needle valve when the new stock valve failed to pass air and was unable to be repaired reliably (would suddenly pop wide open and blow the lines off), used a choke cable to replace the missing heater duct cable and got the defroster duct cable moving and decrapped the ductwork/air plenum. probably some other crapola but the last couple weeks are blending together of transfer case brake/bearing service and 395 installation.....

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Took the rig to WWII days in peachtree city, met many good folks. More pictures and a post all on its own to come!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks