• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These wheel checks are really nice to have. All our busses got them installed after a few wheels came loose and two actually came off one bus and one hit a pedestrian !
So are those just to show which way to turn the nuts or do the do something else? I feel I'm missing something here.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put my new insurance card in the glove box. Checked the brake fluid (same level since I added some in March). No new drips under the truck (I wipe the floor ever time I take the truck for a ride so new drips are quick to spot). Checked the batteries, good. Wiped some more bug guts off (yellow guts on Vietnam brown really shows up). Tire pressure all good. Checked the cab for any sign of animal visits, none.

Trying to figure out what the hand crank under the driver's seat on the front side does. I gave it a few rotations, but saw no seat movement.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the tire shop to get my tires mounted up. Found out I had the wrong orings, so there they sit awaiting the right ones.

View attachment 677085
The 395s look really nice on a deuce, but after trying (unsuccessfully) to stand one up, I don't think they would work for me. I could just see getting a flat, getting myself broken while trying to get the spare out of the back or putting the flat into the back. Besides, I want to keep my tribute deuce stock for as long as I can.

IMAG6956.jpg

winfred

it puts more load on a spring to adjust between us fat guys and the non fat guys, if you bottom out the seat on hard bumps/dips then some additional preload on the spring would help that, or if the seat really doesn't move much then you can back off and get more out of the suspension seat

Trying to figure out what the hand crank under the driver's seat on the front side does. I gave it a few rotations, but saw no seat movement.

DieselBob

The 395s look really nice on a deuce, but after trying (unsuccessfully) to stand one up, I don't think they would work for me. I could just see getting a flat, getting myself broken while trying to get the spare out of the back or putting the flat into the back. Besides, I want to keep my tribute deuce stock for as long as I can.

View attachment 679383
Very nice looking deuce. [thumbzup]

Kaiser67M715

So are those just to show which way to turn the nuts or do the do something else? I feel I'm missing something here.
When installed they all will point in the same direction. If a lug nut started to loosen the wheel check is the indicater as it will start to point in a different direction from the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be putting them on my truck soon, They are used to show you that they the lug nuts are getting loose, But I cant see why you cant use them to also tell you the direction in which they need to be turned to be removed, either way if one should start to come loose they will no longer be all line up with each other.

Eliteweapons

wipers

On my way home from work the wipers started to turn into spaghetti. I had some new 13 inch wipers sitting around so I made a quick mod. took off the original wiper and noticed the steel bracing fit inside of the new wiper but the pin was in the way. Drilled out the rivet pin and it fits in really nice. Bolted it back up with the original hardware. I may try this with a 14" if it works well. Going to test it on my way to the rally in a bit.2017-05-11 16.38.23.jpg2017-05-11 16.41.03.jpg2017-05-11 16.39.05.jpg2017-05-11 16.38.54.jpg

texas30cal

Over the last two weeks I replaced all the plastic fuel and return lines with the black DOT lines, sleeves and ferrules. Installed led brake lights and turn signals, repaired the wiring to the turn signals, also FINALLY connected the led license plate light that I installed months ago. The last job was front axle seals, new boots and clamps, and 3 new rubber brake hoses for the front axle. I tore the front end down in two evenings, washed all my parts one morning, but assembled it all in one shot last Friday, I know plenty here have done it, but DA-- !! I was BEAT afterward, I called in soldier B (Texasvet100) to help bleed brakes and get the front tires pressure washed and back on!!!!! All went well the next day when we met up with 3 other SS members for lunch and approx 30 mi drive.

zanther

Amazon! But I got the details from other fine fellows on this site. Iirc Rustystud mentioned it.

Its a curt 15800. It's class V so you'll need the sleeve adapter to neck down to 2" as well

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks