• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

18operator

I'm planning on some interior work soon. Bit of sanding and some fresh paint is the plan. I'll make sure to document the work with some pictures.

kml9705

I installed a new sending unit for the fuel gauge and completed the install of my UHF radio.

Antenna Setup 2.jpgRadio 2.jpgRadio.jpg

I have a few more items to install on the 12v side and then I'll clean up the wiring a bit and secure it

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine crawled onto the gooseneck in preparation to go to its new home this week.

It got some new brake line a couple of days ago. It has a NOS airpack on the way. I'm pressed for time, so the airpack is going to get delivered and installed at handoff. That'll make a good opportunity to go over the brake system with the new owner.

20171001_170540.jpg

Last edited:

Clay James

texas30cal

I finished up re-centering my fmtv wheels, took them to the sand blaster along with the inner structure pieces from the hard top. I also re packed all wheel bearings bc they all got a little Harvey in them, adjusted the brakes, welded some retainer plates on my old cracked torque rods until I can swap them out, flipped the hubs, painted the blasted wheels, and installed my 395 MVT's. Still have to adjust front brakes and drive bc I (my back) said it had enough, what a job!!!! I'll try to attach pics, may have to wait till am when I go to town

Attachments

Last edited:

Jericho

(SHH rusty, Iam am building two rockets hardest thing to source is the nose cones ) Don't tell any body especially them nosey Parkers (love their hoses )

kml9705

Scored about 40 gallons of free fuel. I drove the Deuce over to my friends garage last week and we started talking about the multi fuel engine. He asked if the fuel can be mixed, then told me he has a 55 gallon drum filled with a mix of diesel and gas (more diesel than gas) drained from fuel tanks where people put in the wrong fuel. He can't get rid of the stuff, well not easily and very expensive. He also has a waste oil furnace to heat his shop and has an abundance of filtered waste motor oil. So I went over there yesterday, topped off the tank and filled 4 jerry cans, 3/4 with the fuel mix then topped off with some filtered waste motor oil. When I burn through this I'll head over for more. Gotta love having friends that own a garage.

kml9705

I'd mix the fuel with the oil to thin it out so it goes through the filters easier.
That's exactly what I did. Mixed 3/4 of the mixed diesel/gas with 1/4 wate oil in jerry cans and transfered into truck that way.

I mainly added the oil since I didn't know what the exact ratio the diesel/gas mixture was.

Last edited:

Seth_O

Scored a SMOKIN deal on a brand new set of 385's from a guy moving his shop out of state. He didn't want to have to move the tires and wheels so he let them go stupid cheap.

Finally finished painting the adapter plates and getting everything assembled and mounted up.

Before and after pics. I didn't realize previously how silly the stock NDT's looked. These fill out the wheel-well much more nicely.

20171007_133205.jpg20171007_162147.jpg

kml9705

Installed the VHF in the Deuce on Friday.

20171007_183659.jpg20171007_183638.jpg20171007_183632.jpg

Yesterday I took it on a little off road adventure.

IMG_2218.jpgFB_IMG_1507553864284.jpgFB_IMG_1507553857756.jpg20171008_105012.jpg20171008_092834.jpgFB_IMG_1507491875260.jpg

Of course the Deuce was voted the coolest truck in the group :naner:

Caseymikl

Washed some of the mildew off of it. Also used it to pull off the top half of a stump I had cut. Have to get it fixed up. My deuce used to be owed by my city and used by the police department of the city.. funny part is, I now work for that police department. So pretty neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks