• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

winfred

mine too and i got almost fiddy pounds on you, pulled the seat and lubed up the pivot points got the crank working better and tightened it up, now i don't slam hard any more

The factory seat in my deuce was bottoming out on severe ruts and potholes and was generally unforgiving. I’m sure it had nothing to do with me being 6’ 2” and 275 pounds :roll:, so I figured that the shock must have worn out.

Caseymikl

Got a set of led truck lights for it. They are off a garbage truck that were replaced at my fathers job. Have to clean them up and see about installing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winfred

replaced 8 out of 12 torque rod joints, dumped 3.5 gallons of atf in it from work and took for test drive/fuel up, and apparently the old 3 color camo job did its job nicely and disguised the 11' tall almost 8' wide m109a3 at 50 mph good enough that i got t-boned from a side street, once i get a tire on it i'll level out the suspension and check for square and see if the bearings survived, among my parts list will be lug studs for both rears
IMG_4662.jpgIMG_4661.jpgIMG_4660.jpgIMG_4653.jpgIMG_4649.jpgIMG_4647.jpgIMG_4646.jpg

pressed the centers out of the bushings and just pushed the old ones out with the new ones, when doing this you have to use care and if the new bushing starts to bulge stop and make sure you are aligned and square, 1 out of 8 tried to do this, i stopped and used a old bushing to get the stuck bushing moving, smacked it out from the side then proceeded with the new bushing to finish pressing out the one one

jbayer

Had a leak at the out-put side of primary fuel filter. Spent half the day taking out the primary and line, since I could not get the line loose at the filter for nothing. I have just about every size crow foot,(1/4" - 2 1/2".) except a 3/4".
What to do, what to do.
close_up.jpgcracked _flare.jpgPri_and _line.jpg

Last edited:

jbayer

replaced 8 out of 12 torque rod joints, dumped 3.5 gallons of atf in it from work and took for test drive/fuel up, and apparently the old 3 color camo job did its job nicely and disguised the 11' tall almost 8' wide m109a3 at 50 mph good enough that i got t-boned from a side street, once i get a tire on it i'll level out the suspension and check for square and see if the bearings survived, among my parts list will be lug studs for both rears
View attachment 707796View attachment 707795View attachment 707794

pressed the centers out of the bushings and just pushed the old ones out with the new ones, when doing this you have to use care and if the new bushing starts to bulge stop and make sure you are aligned and square, 1 out of 8 tried to do this, i stopped and used a old bushing to get the stuck bushing moving, smacked it out from the side then proceeded with the new bushing to finish pressing out the one one
More info please. Pics of other vehicle, did they get a ticket?

Clay James

View attachment 707797View attachment 707796View attachment 707795View attachment 707794View attachment 707793View attachment 707792View attachment 707791

This is the fourth one I've seen involved in a crash in the past few weeks and that's only the ones people posted. It appeared in each case to be the other drivers fault. Baffling how people can't see these things.

winfred

they got ticketed for failure to yield and expired license.
IMG_4657.jpg
for the dogbone/torque rod job i forgot to add a big pickle fork gets the outward facing ones pretty good
IMG_4674.jpg

Last edited:

rustystud

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This is the fourth one I've seen involved in a crash in the past few weeks and that's only the ones people posted. It appeared in each case to be the other drivers fault. Baffling how people can't see these things.
Its not that they can't see them, its that they don't pay attention. Too busy talking on the phone and drinking coffee, and shaving , and, and...

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would think people would know there was a train coming if they are on a RR Xing and hear a whistle, but there are an average of 5800 train-car accidents, killing over 600 people and injuring over 2300 people every year according to the USDOT.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more accidents involving MVs, perhaps due to most of us using extreme defensive driving techniques. I know my head is on a swivel watching other drivers when I'm in a MV.

There are some extremely stupid people driving out there, or otherwise intelligent people doing extremely stupid things, and one of them may find you on the road no matter what you're driving.

winfred

popped the joints 4 that faced the wheels all with about the same amount of persuasion from a 3# maul, the 4 that faced inward received direct smacks as i don't care about saving the threads and popped easily. yea i was expecting more of a pain in the butt and have been putting off doing them as such, worst part was having to roll around on a skateboard and eat dirt, been a automotive tech too long and am use to a nice lift and different working angles, pulling on 3/4 drive tools laying on back sucks.
i think the uppers are gonna be more of a drag to get off the truck but currently doing battle with a 395 runflat, strapped it to my duallys hitch and tried to pull it out with my 763g bobcat with over the tire tracks and just spun the tracks on the concrete, don't have enough weight to push it out with forks either, my sawzall only made it about half way through before the thermal shut downs became too frequent last night. what a pain

Your extremely lucky if that "pickle" fork removed the torque rod. It usually takes a little more force.

Torquewrench

My project has been reassembling my truck for the winter months.
I could not find any competent help, so I just built myself a crane, and have been doing it myself in my spare time :)

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks