• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

603hellmutt

I replaced the upper windshield hinge and noticed that it went on a little tight. Forced it a bit more then i should of and felt the "snap" of the glass. Now if only i could find a reasonably priced replacement or a place that would cut the glass for less then $100. On another note, what is the thickness of the super rope that holds down the cargo cover/cab cover? 5/16 or 3/8?

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the rope I am about to use tomorrow is 5/16... And now you have me questioning things lol. Well I'll let you know tomorrow if it works.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got around to soldering wires back onto the trailer plug. Previous owner had ripped them all out. Had to solder with a propane torch because my sodering iron is too wimpy to heat up those massive metal lugs of the plug. There is a first time for everything....propane soldering.

I did not bother with the B.O. wires, just brake/service lights/turn indicators. Hooked up my tow lights - everything worked fine. Put plug back together and mounted it. No more right turn indicator. Took it all back apart, thinking there could be a short...nada. Opened flasher box (modified with 24V relay) and changed relay...nada. Disassembled turn signal switch. Aha. Broken. And fried. Ordered new switch.

Another simple job that ended up taking three times as long as it should have.

Last edited:

Katavic918

Changed the oil and converted to spin on filters using jatonkas adapters. No more cringing while waiting for oil pressure to build. Also added a battery disconnect switch and installed a boost gauge.

russojap

I finally got the rear Jerry can brackets off, used an electric impact but it was still tough, one bolt even broke instead of coming loose. Unfortunately I'll have to figure out a way to get the right mudflap straight. I'm also not super crazy about the holes left in the mudflaps.
IMG_20181021_171244.jpg
IMG_20180929_140817.jpg
IMG_20181021_163141.jpg

IMG_20181021_162936.jpgIMG_20181021_163059.jpg

I also ground all the old paint off the rear bumpers.

Last edited:

Katavic918

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a rider... This is Poco Esqueleto, and he's been riding around on my back axle for a couple of weeks now. In that time, he's endured bone-chilling cold, highway speeds and dusty country roads, but he keeps hanging on for dear life (thanks to some cable ties and a few well-placed dabs of RTV). Anyway, Poco and I would like to wish everyone a Great Week, and a Happy Halloween!
Poco.jpgPoco2.jpg

Last edited:

47to70

Its a rebuilt, 1971 Continental................runs great...........everything is new (rebuilt) under the hood
except for Alternator and Starter............guess I am caught in a lie (as form is titled "What did YOU do to your deuce," but I sure did pay for it LOL) as did not do the work myself. Figured the tools would need would pay for much of the labor. Engine was $3800, shipping $900, labor $1650 and they took the job to heart.

FloridaAKM

The 1985 Deuce I got from GP last September now is sporting troop seats & a complete cover set of bows, staves & the camo cover from the Bellview show a couple of weeks ago. The bows were a bit rough mismatched set, but some paint work will fix that. The staves were all fiberglass in great shape, & it was too dark to critique the cover as it got dark as I was trying to put it on. Pictures tomorrow weather permitting.

10/28/2018: No pictures due to the NOS cover I got as a Deuce cover is a NOS 5 ton cover. ;-(. Since it is a show picked up item, there is no returning it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks