• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2161.jpgDSCF2162.jpg The weather here has finally taken a turn for the better so I thought I'd change the batteries in my Deuce. I got almost 6 years out of the 6TL batteries I purchased from Auto Zone in 2013. First I'm going to clean out all the leaves and sand that accumulated in the battery compartment this winter. My poor metal battery box has seen better days, and I have a plastic battery box on order, that should arrive early next week. Our local parts store carries Interstate batteries, so I ordered 2 6TL batteries, that should arrive this week. I haven't driven the truck since late October, so I'm looking forward to taking a drive.

Last edited:

Sparkyz911

Managed to get some shipping crate/toy boxes painted up and put in the truck this week. Also added in a different horn in place of the stock twin air horns. Sounds more like a "truck" now, ha ha.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20190405_171921.jpgIMG_20190405_171916.jpg
Yeah I got the basic one from TMG and I got to say I'm a bit mad as it has no hardware and they didn't know the M35 doesn't have the top hold down hooks like the M939...

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we're all on the same wavelength length lately... I'm working on an overhead console, too!
I've been thinking about options for a panel now that I'm raising the cab height. I'm thinking something at a 45 degree angle above the windshield with some glowing buttons and maybe some faux sounding stuff mixed in with the functional stuff.

Privatewrench

Working on rigging up a couple back up lights. Made a bracket and mounted an on/off switch and an indicator light under the dash. Tomorrow i'll mount the lights and run the wires. With the switch, I can turn them on if I just need some lights behind the truck.

20190405_121656.jpg

rustystud

https://youtu.be/54LdGe-LNCg

What I did with my overhead console build. Midway through I kinda want about TMG and I'm sorry about that but I kinda got screwed.
You have a right to be angry. I've wondered about those "military guys" for years now. Especially after they advertised a bracket that is from "Harbor Freight" just painted Olive Drab and sell it for $10.00 more.
Hey military guys, Stand behind your product !

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a right to be angry. I've wondered about those "military guys" for years now. Especially after they advertised a bracket that is from "Harbor Freight" just painted Olive Drab and sell it for $10.00 more.
Hey military guys, Stand behind your product !
For the record the rear of that console is a iron clad B word to bolt in! You also have to loosen up the rear hard top internal brace to get it in there.

77 AMG

Thanks for the PSA, Mrmag1. I would be rather ticked off over that kind of garbage treatment, as well. This kind of customer service is the kind of thing that makes me question other products and practices of a company.

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the low cranking amp car batteries with 950 cca batteries from napa. They were on sale for 90 bucks each. The truck cranks so much faster now. I also ordered a 39MT delco starter for it for $159.40 on flea bay.

Last edited:

Privatewrench

20190407_201053.jpgStudio_20190407_211002.jpg

Finished my back up lights today. Rigged a switch and an indicator light so i should notice if I'm blinding anyone behind me.
I need to start researching pyro gauges. I thought I saw someone with a gauge that had boost and temp in one. That would be a nice option.

Katavic918

Replaced the low cranking amp car batteries with 950 cca batteries from napa. They were on sale for 90 bucks each. The truck cranks so much faster now. I also ordered a 39MT delco starter for it for $159.40 on flea bay.
I haven't heard of the 39mt starter. Is that a direct replacement for the m35a2 starter?

rustystud

I haven't heard of the 39mt starter. Is that a direct replacement for the m35a2 starter?
Well not totally, but it fits and works fine. There is a small gap on the flange, but unless your going swimming with the truck it should not matter. You can make your own gasket and using a little RTV seal this gap.
Beyond that it works fine.
Oh, you might have to "clock" the mounting flange to fit properly. That is easy to do. Just unbolt the flange from the starter and turn it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks