• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

CMPPhil

Ladies and gentlemen I'm a freaking idiot, the transfer case range lever was just ever so slightly out of high range. I must have bumped it when I parked at last. I am incredibly embarrassed, call the good friend of mine Jason and he set me straight.
Don't worry a lot of us have the Tee Shirt "Been there, done that"

For me it's running out of fuel with the fuel gage reading the right tank and the fuel selector valve on the left.

Cheers Phil

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't worry a lot of us have the Tee Shirt "Been there, done that"
For me it's running out of fuel with the fuel gage reading the right tank and the fuel selector valve on the left.
Cheers Phil
Airplane drivers forget which tank they on too. After they forget once then they get further to be a Pilot
and try to stay ahead of it all.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Finally decided to install the master cylinder on the Bomb Truck. The instruction and experiences I found on previous posts is helpful. Also my 1/4" drive socket set came in handy. That's Alec in the picture. I reaised the truck high enough so he could comfortably fit just under in a seated uprite position. Thank you Alec
I just drove the Deuce up onto the 4X4's, sometimes front and back and chocked the heck out of it. Once just drove her up onto 6x6 in the front. Easier quicker than jacking up.

The small bit of height made it more comfortable to seek leaks and fix stuff. Service air into the right gladhand and can operate the brakes air and hydraulic sides seeking leaks, potential problems.

Last edited:

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AS part of any motorpool work I may commence, I give ample momments to preparing the vehilce so that I work in the maximum of comfort.
I have hydraulic assistants, the leader being BERTA. sHE IS A POWERFULL 5 TON FLOOR JACK. tHEN THERE ARE HER SISTERS, eMMA, dOROTHY, AND mILLIE.

Attachments

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed my new PTO boot. Wanted something that fit the shape better and found an e-brake boot that did the trick.

This is the one I used: http://www.controlcables.com/emergency-brake-boot-ring-fits-b1000-b101/

The dimensions are 2.75" wide by 6.5" long. I list a couple other bezels in the thread I started about the PTO boot search.

20190803_105652[1].jpg

The white stuff is silicone which, funny story, I discovered I'm allergic to (yay!). I got some on my fingers, wiped it off and within a couple minutes those fingers were tingling and going numb - this later went away. I then waited for the stuff to dry, wore nitrile gloves and finished the installation.

Eventually, I'll have a thicker layer of sound insulation on top, that will be beveled to create a well for this area.

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must say SRB1976, thats a fine looking paintjob. I am presently repaintin two of my trucks, and where is a pattern like yours?
View attachment m35a2_camo.pdfDeuce, here is M35A2 Camo. TB 43-0147, TB 43-2090, these will help you give your truck a good military paint job. TB 43-0147 & TB 43-2090 are too large to post here, but you can down load them at home, and I think you'll have all that you need to paint your truck.....hope this helps. I guess TB 43-0147 did load.

Attachments

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Back in post 9330 I said I found Melvin again. Didn't see Him since.
I neglected to tell wife that Melvin now lives in Her watering can.
She watering with the water can and as She emptied it, Melvin jumped out
I heard the scream........
Wife was suddenly 5 steps backwards, It was cool to watch
No, I don't have a photo of that moment but wish I did.
She scared Melvin!
It is 93F° in the shade, I refilled his can.
IMG_2725.jpg
IMG_2727.jpg
IMG_2728.jpg
Maybe one day We can take a ride again............

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[thumbzup]
Back in post 9330 I said I found Melvin again. Didn't see Him since.
I neglected to tell wife that Melvin now lives in Her watering can.
She watering with the water can and as She emptied it, Melvin jumped out
I heard the scream........
Wife was suddenly 5 steps backwards, It was cool to watch
No, I don't have a photo of that moment but wish I did.
She scared Melvin!
It is 93F° in the shade, I refilled his can.
View attachment 772297
View attachment 772298
View attachment 772299
Maybe one day We can take a ride again............
Thumbs up Mel![thumbzup]

Privatewrench

Finally got the time to do some painting to the outside of my truck. I purchased a sand blasting attachment for my power washer and used that to clean up one side of the bed. I'm just knocking off loose paint and rust. Perhaps someday I'll strip it down and give it a new look, but for now, she'll have to keep her history. After cleaning up the sand and treating the metal with Ospho, I let it sit a few days. Gave it a good wash and when dry, I painted the one side. Came out pretty nice. Up close, you can see the brush strokes and paint runs of the prior paint coat from when it was in service. This weekend I cleaned up the tail gate and passenger side of the bed. I'll wash it down in a couple days and should be dry enough for painting next weekend. Not sure when I'll have the time to do the cab but hopefully before winter. I need to start getting my stencils ordered. I have no idea what unit this truck belonged to, so I guess I either don't stencil the unit number or just make one up.

20190803_184441.jpg20190804_185452.jpg

Nomad1

Today took out the hinge pins from the nos door I got to put the door on the truck and change over them to the proper bolts for the west coast mirrors.IMGP0102.jpgIMGP0103.jpgIMGP0105.jpg

Nomad1

Finally got the time to do some painting to the outside of my truck. I purchased a sand blasting attachment for my power washer and used that to clean up one side of the bed. I'm just knocking off loose paint and rust. Perhaps someday I'll strip it down and give it a new look, but for now, she'll have to keep her history. After cleaning up the sand and treating the metal with Ospho, I let it sit a few days. Gave it a good wash and when dry, I painted the one side. Came out pretty nice. Up close, you can see the brush strokes and paint runs of the prior paint coat from when it was in service. This weekend I cleaned up the tail gate and passenger side of the bed. I'll wash it down in a couple days and should be dry enough for painting next weekend. Not sure when I'll have the time to do the cab but hopefully before winter. I need to start getting my stencils ordered. I have no idea what unit this truck belonged to, so I guess I either don't stencil the unit number or just make one up.

View attachment 772386View attachment 772387
Interesting notice the tailgate looks different then my 71 is that stock? I'm fairly new and know that their are sevral different beds for these trucks.

Privatewrench

The truck is all stock, however it's actually a 73. I added that tag before I took posession and realized it's a 73 when I registered it. I guess I forgot to update my info.
It was made by AM General. I would think there wasn't much changed on these trucks thru the years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks