• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

DB556

pic?

Is this a west coast mirror, a hmmwv mirror or something else? Is a hmmwv mirror too small for our trucks?
View attachment 779518
Yep thats a hmmwv mirror set, as for mounting on a deuce I dont know how tall are they? on my MRAP mirrors I unbolted them from the Mrap frames and bolted them on the duece mounts with some added washers the new mirrors were ~3/8 smaller on the mounting brackets. Though looking at my mirrors I dont think there MRAP now they could be some variant of LMTV mirrors but the mounts dont look the same. I'll grab a picture once it stops raining.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed that the spike covers on my Allied moving van/storage trailer would fit on my truck so I tried them. Yep they fit & give the truck a "mad max" effect to it. Not practical at all, but does look cool.
Resized_20191012_130924.jpg Resized_20191012_130930.jpgResized_20191012_130941.jpgResized_20191012_130947.jpg

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Well so far this week I have done nothing but help my sisters BF move house.

I had this week set aside to work on the Deuce to fix the 2 little fuel leaks,....

That's not going to happen, I leave tomorrow for Cruiserkhana for 3 days.

I will fix the one at the filter while I am there and the drip coming out of the injector I'll wrap in a rag and then tie up a couple of plastic bags around it to contain.

I'll have plenty of time to change out the O ring in the injector when I get back.

The best laid plans of mice and men,.....

Aussie.

davidb56

My Ford flatbed that I use for firewood, broke down in front of the barn yesterday (pure luck at the location) so I drove the Deuce down to where the loggers pulled out for the winter got a load of buckskin and birch firewood.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20191017_075814.jpg

Well it's time to replace the brake light switch that exploded, I seem to have limited concrete here at the new house. But with a little bit of creativity and of course chalk blocks I have concrete to sit my butt on while I work!

mann650

Replaced the starter relay (the top post fell off when I touched it with a wrench to change it, so it was time. I also made a quick battery bracket to hold the batteries for the winter. I will eventually make something better but for now this will keep them from bouncing.
IMG_2683[1].jpg

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought a battery disconnect/kill switch that I plan to mount in a hidden location to prevent thief...
Resized_20191016_201846.jpg

mann650

If you are referring to the 3/8 stud post, that is what came on the battery so I'm kinda stuck there. I would like a better cable between the two batteries, the stock one had corroded so the tabs were now more like "c" connectors than regular lug tabs. The biggest one they had at napa was a 2 gauge, so it is about 2 sizes to small. I need to order some 2/0 or some 4/0 and lugs to replace it.

dmetalmiki

History has a tendency to repeat it self
NOW that's Music....Friday nights..'Perla beer'. A shot of whisky...The speakers up loud enough to " Walk" the brass elephant clear off the mantelpiece...(And push at my chest!)_Magic!.
Well, That, and my Russian music selection.

dmetalmiki

Well somehow the headlights on my M45 530C shorted out and blew the alternate headlight flasher unit.
It took out the rear alternate RED emergency lamps unit as well.
When I checked the wiring..,' Nightmare'! with Wires going here there and everywhere..three separate switches jointed in jointed out you name I had done it to make it work.
No it was NOT easy to accomplish ( At the time) as had not wanted the side lights, turn signals and or brake lights to flash as well, And they would have as all the lights are somewhat connected.
So, despite staring at all that, (Kicking a tire(Not too hard)), and not remembering or having a clue how I had achieved it, The circuit did not fix itself!
I cut Everything out!.
I rewired the lights to function as original.
Everything works,
So now to fit the Combined or alternate flasher unit ..Tomorrow. Both front and rear.
I will report....

Last edited:

Another Ahab

So, despite staring at all that, (Kicking a tire(Not too hard)), and not remembering or having a clue how I had achieved it, The circuit did not fix itself!
I cut Everything out!.
I rewired the lights to function as original.
Everything works,
So now to fit the Combined or alternate flasher unit ..Tomorrow. Both front and rear.
I will report....
Sometimes total "demolition" of existing product, and starting all over (from scratch) is the best way to do something right.

Is that what I understand you did here, dmetalmiki?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks