• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before work today I was able to get the back side of the spare wheel/rim painted carc green. Going to paint the front side black though, I think when its mounted on the truck it will flow better color wise...
73321470_687763765054083_3427203427682222080_n.jpg

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you ever driven a vehicle with a spool, or selectable locker in the front?
Hopefully, by next weekend I will have. My air lockers are taking extra time because the installer found a problem, contacted ARB and they are picking up the tab for warranty work. And it put the installer way behind - I think he spent an entire day on just one. Installer is just working on the diffs, I got another shop that'll put them on the truck.

fpchief

Hey fpchief, that power take off looks realy good. when I put one of mine back in, I used nuts that included a locking feature cast into the nut, rather than using a separate lock washer. I found it easier to work with
Probably easier to deal with during shimming process too! Fastenal?

Last edited:

davidb56

@ Aussie....looks like you're ready to go fire wooding with me. Bring chains as it snowed, then rained on the road/trail and there is a sizable drop off part of the way down to the river. I am always alone back there without any communications, so I bring chains and I have a Sherpa (Aussie) winch for "piece of mind".

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Here is the same hill but going UP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmCkpHGoBi4

Sorry about the bad video but the camera guy who had my camera let my camera hang from his wrist while he took pictures with his DSLR. (you can hear his shutter)

It was the first time I had it in 6x6 on that property.

Aussie.
This video is set as PRIVATE.... We cannot access it like that.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

This video is set as PRIVATE.... We cannot access it like that.

Just cheaked and wasn't set to private but I deleted the link and re-copied the link and it now seems to work.

I have other footage but just as I go through the deep ruts and flex the suspension and body flex he again drops MY camera and starts shooting with his DSLR.

:(

Aussie.

pitpawten

Today I think I saved mine from burning down in an electrical fire : /

Had an issue this weekend with the starter not turning over and the solenoid staying open. Figured it was low juice in the batts so put in 2x new ones.

Still didnt start and having the issue of the solenoid staying open and just drawing mad juice, to the point that it started to heat the new battery disconnect.

Thinking that the disconnect wasn't giving enough juice (not sure its amp rating) I pulled it out and terminated all the cables directly to the battery studs without any quick disconnect...see where this is going?

Well I try to start it, same issue - solenoid stays open after 1x starting attempt, hit the kill switch and basically an open circuit with batterys discharging load at full bore and no quick way to disconnect power.

Threw on my leather gloves and started pulling the nut off the negative terminal on the battery which was smoking hot at this point. With my gloves starting to flash off and the terminal starting to glow I super quickly got the nut off and ripped the cable off the terminal.

Just as I do the terminal arc's with bright blue flame and then promptly melts out of the top of the battery leaving me with a mess of melted/spattered lead on the batter with no terminal.

Same time I notice smoke from under the hood so I grab my extinguisher from the cab and "quickly" throw open the hood to thankfully no flames but a hot to the touch after 10 minutes cable going to the starter.

Down one brand new battery, likely bad starter, added to some other small Deuce issues (needs windshields, new oil cooler cover, new super-rope and lots of paint) and some big potential expenses on the horizon (1 senior and 1 softmore in highschool) have me contemplating the unthinkable: selling

Talk me down from the ledge someone!

davidb56

mounted a hydraulic pump for the snow plow Im going to build. Then re routed the cabin heat air intake to pull from the cabin and used a cheap aluminum dryer hose until I buy that expensive type if it works out. there is a "knock out" below the steering column that worked out perfect to bolt on a 4 inch flange for the air intake. I just got to remember not to step in dog crap before getting in the cab, so the air doesn't smell.IMG_0243.jpgIMG_0241.jpgIMG_0244.jpg the pics are sideways again.

davidb56

Also cut BACK my fuel adjustment to lower the EGT, and reset the alarm set points on my pyrometer, as Im anticipating a heavy snow load and don't want the audio until 1175F and off at 1100F.

Another Ahab

Down one brand new battery, likely bad starter, added to some other small Deuce issues (needs windshields, new oil cooler cover, new super-rope and lots of paint) and some big potential expenses on the horizon (1 senior and 1 softmore in highschool) have me contemplating the unthinkable: selling

Talk me down from the ledge someone!

A1.jpg

DB556

I swapped the old F-150 bench seat that was in the deuce when I got it for a set of leather bucket seats from a mitsubishi galant, I wanted leather seats from a hyundai tiburon but all the ones at the yard were torn.
Hardest part was when they put the F-150 seat in they must have not had any normal 3/8-24 bolts so they used some security torx head bolts and since I dont have a security T45 I tried to chisel out the pin in the center that didn't work
so I had to grind all the head off then turn the rest of the bolt out with vicegrips. Then I had to grind all the bottom brackets off the new seats and lower the brackets they made for the F150 seat 3" but I like how they turned out.

So start checking the truck I had to move my milling machine soon so I looking at my coolant and it goes from green to orange-ish as it heats up, I dont see any oil and it goes back to green after is sits for a hour or so, oil should float to the top right? (the levels is because my driveway is a hill) now I'm worried I have a blow headgasket since I have some oil weeping at the head on cylinder 1 and everything was going so good....

Atleast I got some sauerkraut the other day....

Attachments

Last edited:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I swapped the old F-150 bench seat that was in the deuce when I got it for a set of leather bucket seats from a mitsubishi galant, I wanted leather seats from a hyundai tiburon but all the ones at the yard were torn.
Hardest part was when they put the F-150 seat in they must have not had any normal 3/8-24 bolts so they used some security torx head bolts and since I dont have a security T45 I tried to chisel out the pin in the center that didn't work
so I had to grind all the head off then turn the rest of the bolt out with vicegrips. Then I had to grind all the bottom brackets off the new seats and lower the brackets they made for the F150 seat 3" but I like how they turned out.

So start checking the truck I had to move my milling machine soon so I looking at my coolant and it goes from green to orange-ish as it heats up, I dont see any oil and it goes back to green after is sits for a hour or so, oil should float to the top right? (the levels is because my driveway is a hill) now I'm worried I have a blow headgasket since I have some oil weeping at the head on cylinder 1 and everything was going so good....

Atleast I got some sauerkraut the other day....
Try a coolant filter. System may be just dirty.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

davidb56

that orange is rust sediment that gets stirred up when the engine is running, then settles back down when off. Mine did the same thing. You have to flush it real good to get it out. A rust flush solution in it and a Tee at the heater hose with a garden hose running as the engine is running will blow a lot of it out of the top with the radiator cap off. Then pull the lower radiator hose off, flush some more with the engine off, and put a new hose on. Enjoy the lower hose.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks