• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Dipstick

I haven't done much with Brutus for the last half year, because I've been working day and night on my 1952 Dodge pickup. Today I started Brutus up and ran him for a while. He started right up. The next thing I have to do is get him inspected so I can drive him around. The front fenders have many small rust holes. I never got around to putting the new fenders I have on him. My bad.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I haven't done much with Brutus for the last half year, because I've been working day and night on my 1952 Dodge pickup. Today I started Brutus up and ran him for a while. He started right up. The next thing I have to do is get him inspected so I can drive him around. The front fenders have many small rust holes. I never got around to putting the new fenders I have on him. My bad.
Hey Owen,

But the good news is that Brutus fired up and made you smile...
Now that it is cold weather again, you might have to wait until spring to do any maintenance.
Happy to hear that your old green pal is still chugging along.

:cool:

Dipstick

Flatbed Small.jpgFlat Bed Side Small.jpg
Hi Tim and Cattlerepairman! Two of my favorite folks! I hope you don't mind That I included two pictures of Major Motion. After all of my work on him this Spring and Summer, I've had a hard time getting him inspected. It turns out that I need an "enhanced inspection" for custom built cars and street rods. Luckily, I found a guy that does that. I should be driving Major there tomorrow or Wednesday. Guess what? The guy (John of Family Auto) owns a 1952 Deuce!!! He's asked me to help him with a fuel system problem. I'll be glad to. I also told John he really needs to join Steel Soldiers. I told him my fellow soldiers are a great bunch of guys and full of practical and technical know-how. I've got to get to Brutus' new fenders on this Spring!

Dipstick

Thank you cattlerepairman! I built the body using 16-gauge galvanized sheet metal. The wood is 1/2 thick sanded maple veneer plywood with Minwax chestnut stain and spar varnish. I couldn't afford quality boards. Major is going to be used for sunny day rides. He may visit Home Depot in a pinch. It's just good to finally get him drivable after 36 years (15 of them untouched in a garage after my divorce)! That little Ford I built for him sure has a lot of snot when 302 small Dec 2022.jpg step on it!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you cattlerepairman! I built the body using 16-gauge galvanized sheet metal. The wood is 1/2 thick sanded maple veneer plywood with Minwax chestnut stain and spar varnish. I couldn't afford quality boards. Major is going to be used for sunny day rides. He may visit Home Depot in a pinch. It's just good to finally get him drivable after 36 years (15 of them untouched in a garage after my divorce)! That little Ford I built for him sure has a lot of snot when View attachment 886133 step on it!
Sharp!!! Real Sharp.
I like it a lot.

Thanks for posting the pix!

Dipstick

Sure Tim! My son Dan was in diapers when I started working on Major. He had never seen him with his body on and drivable and he's 31 years old now. So, it was a HUGE thrill for me when I let Dan drive him this fall. A fantastic father and son moment. Smiles all around. By the way, my son Dan is now a Master Electrician in NJ and PA. I am so damn proud of him! Okay, I need to stop posting non-military truck stuff. Sorry if I've annoyed anyone with my posts.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up a Generator trailer for my trailer collection wife was out of town lolView attachment 882205
Got the support bracket shortened so that the intake pipe and the exhaust pipe are parallel so I went ahead and installed the Donaldson Air Ram. Had to lower the bracket some to allow the snorkel to sit down on the pipe correctly for drainage. Still need a couple of shots of high temp black to touch up the exhaust pipe where the bracket sat before the install.

Since everyone likes photos...

View attachment 872316 View attachment 872317 View attachment 872318 View attachment 872319 View attachment 872320
Nice setup! Thanks for the pics! Question, your door has the 388th Fighter Wing out of Hill AFB. Any particular reason for this?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
104_0273.JPG I also installed a new speedo. The old speedo called it quits at about 46,000 miles so I installed a new unit. This is not a fun job especially when you're not a spring chicken. So, I piled up some Harbor Freight moving quilts on the cab floor so I could get a little comfy and managed to get the job done. I wanted to find a new original Stewart Warner unit but no luck. This unit is probably Chinese but so far it works. :shrugs:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 886340 Installed a new horn button, the wire on the old button chaffed through where it exits the steering column and it ceased to function. The old button had been in the truck at least 10 years so I decided to R&R the whole assembly.
The horn wire should exit the column through a conical rubber plug (that likely disintegrated or was "weight saved" and omitted by Soldier B). Without it, the wire chafes at the edge of the column.

rustystud

Sure Tim! My son Dan was in diapers when I started working on Major. He had never seen him with his body on and drivable and he's 31 years old now. So, it was a HUGE thrill for me when I let Dan drive him this fall. A fantastic father and son moment. Smiles all around. By the way, my son Dan is now a Master Electrician in NJ and PA. I am so damn proud of him! Okay, I need to stop posting non-military truck stuff. Sorry if I've annoyed anyone with my posts.
Doesn't bother me at all, and I'm sure it doesn't bother most others either. In fact, I quite enjoyed your trucks pictures ! Plus a father should be proud of his sons accomplishments.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks