• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil change completed today! Going into 2023 caught up on the basic maintenance.

I’ve noticed my spin on oil filter closest to the cab always seems mostly dry when doing an oil change. Is this normal or common with the spin on filter kits?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil change completed today! Going into 2023 caught up on the basic maintenance.

I’ve noticed my spin on oil filter closest to the cab always seems mostly dry when doing an oil change. Is this normal or common with the spin on filter kits?
My spin on oil filters seem to have equal amount of oil in them when I do an oil change. Neither one seems mostly dry. My 2cents

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My fuel gauge was bouncing all over the place when I get 1/2 tank or less. I pulled the sender and ohm'd it per the manual and found it out of spec so a new one is one the way. Hope that solves the problem.
1brassjunkie, my fuel gauge was doing the same thing at about a 1/2 tank, and a new sender unit solved the problem.

1brassjunkie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started her up ( M35A3 ) and backed out of the shop to warm up. Noticed the left low beam headlight out. This about the fourth one I've gone thru in ten years. Is this a common problem? I'm thinking about LED's but they sure are spendy.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started her up ( M35A3 ) and backed out of the shop to warm up. Noticed the left low beam headlight out. This about the fourth one I've gone thru in ten years. Is this a common problem? I'm thinking about LED's but they sure are spendy.
1brassjunkie, I have been running the same Wagner headlights for about 10 years with no problems. I would check your mounts to make sure you don't have a vibration issue, then your electrical connections. Also, the quality of your headlights I use Wagner or GE headlights on the Deuce and the M38A1 and have very few problems. 2cents

Spoonerist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all,

I added a stack cover (cut 2 ltr bottle), got spin on conversion for oil and fuel. Had great service from jatonka!

Added 1.5g fuel and ordered another 5 gallons from the Thursday boat.

I’m still recovering from back surgery and not able to wrench or crawl under the deuce. A friend has a backhoe and he’s going to help me take off the water tank and bed.

I’m fairly certain the in-tank pump is hosed. Unfortunately, the bed is too low to get the pump out. So… more stuff.

Got some tools for Christmas and a bucket of grease for my bearing packing!

Cheers,

Spoon

Dipstick

Hi all,

I added a stack cover (cut 2 ltr bottle), got spin on conversion for oil and fuel. Had great service from jatonka!

Added 1.5g fuel and ordered another 5 gallons from the Thursday boat.

I’m still recovering from back surgery and not able to wrench or crawl under the deuce. A friend has a backhoe and he’s going to help me take off the water tank and bed.

I’m fairly certain the in-tank pump is hosed. Unfortunately, the bed is too low to get the pump out. So… more stuff.

Got some tools for Christmas and a bucket of grease for my bearing packing!

Cheers,

Spoon
The spin-ons and Jatonka himself are both great. I hope your back recovery goes well and as quickly as possible.

davidb56

David....did you fabricate the plow mount and lift yourself? If so, you did a damn fine job! Looks great!
yea, but I had a shop in Bonners Ferry brake the blade curve for me so it would look better and dump wet snow off better.
I also built the one on my dump truck and put a clutch driven pump and joy stick hydraulics in for it. tempImageBnTkna.png

Dipstick

yea, but I had a shop in Bonners Ferry brake the blade curve for me so it would look better and dump wet snow off better.
I also built the one on my dump truck and put a clutch driven pump and joy stick hydraulics in for it. View attachment 887308
Your excellent work makes me feel like a barely competent fool! I am a terrible welder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks