• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

unispeed

Installed amp under pass seat and speakers, Convoy Beacon, started on carpet in the bed.... Buffed for PARADE DUTY[thumbzup]
That last pick is proof the duece still knows funrofl

Attachments

unispeed

Thanks BB
I aint got nutn like you got whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!NICE if I new what all that gizmo electronics is for?

My amp is a older KENWOOD 1500 watt moble 12v amp I just place in the radio rack under the right seat.. music is through the input and a droid phone mp3....

Do they still make those slide mounts that your cb is on.... I had one in my 68 GTX in 1974 on my underdash 8-track.......?

those speakers are old pagers out of my buddy's match plant i liked the looks kinda MASH era

Sound sucks I was thinking of hiding some orbs or baby bose in them..?

Billy Bobbed

Thanks BB
I aint got nutn like you got whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!NICE if I new what all that gizmo electronics is for?

My amp is a older KENWOOD 1500 watt moble 12v amp I just place in the radio rack under the right seat.. music is through the input and a droid phone mp3....

Do they still make those slide mounts that your cb is on.... I had one in my 68 GTX in 1974 on my underdash 8-track.......?

those speakers are old pagers out of my buddy's match plant i liked the looks kinda MASH era

Sound sucks I was thinking of hiding some orbs or baby bose in them..?

My grandpa had one in his truck in the 70s.I picked it up on Ebay.The lock is not worth a crap,I have a small cable and lock to keep it from being stolen.

Seth_O

I've been out of town for a couple of months, but finally got back to work on the truck. Accordingly there was a lot of pent-up need to get stuff done, so he had a good week ;-)

1. re-stuffed the passenger seat. I was not surprised to find once the canvas was off the only thing left was a bit of blue fiberglass-looking matting and springs. I shoved in 2 layers of egg crate foam and put the original canvas back on. Passengers report it is much improved.
  2. I cleaned and lined the tranny tunnel with insulation. It seems to have worked well as the temps in the cab feel better, and now I hear a lot more exhaust/engine noise than I did before. Definitely less rattles and less drivetrain noise.
  3. Installed a shifter boot my wife made for me. Just need to install the t-case boot now.
  4. Fixed the front of the soft top - like most my soft top front seam completly let go, and it's been held together with duct tape for some time now (about a year.) I used the common j piece from house siding and epoxied it to the soft top. It seems to have worked just fine, and in a shakedown run had no problems. It was nice to have that completed
  5. Built a quick bracket to attach the license plate without drilling holes in the truck. The truck is finally legal!

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the upper radiator hose and changed the coolant filter. It was something I had needed to do for quite some time, but just finally got around to it. The upper radiator hose wasn't nearly as hard to put on as I thought it would be. I did not need to dismount the radiator or tilt it forward or anything. I did let the new radiator hose get warm in the sun so that it would be more plyable, but I think all that did is make it harder to handle on account of it being a million degrees... :p

Clay James

Tore out the walls, roof and part of the floor on my M109A3 the past few days for my camper conversion. I'm taking it to the beach next month:) I'm thinking about posting a build thread on the stuff I'm doing to it since I got a lot of inspiration from the other threads here.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been over the last few weeks, but here goes. I pulled both front wheels and replaced all seals, boots, brakes, wheel cylinders, etc. Removed and rebuilt the master cylinder. Installed the remote brake reservoir upgrade. Bought an M105 and installed the top. (Thanks Dudley!) Replaced the front right fender and fixed the rust hole in the cab. During that process, found and replaced the rusted out turbo elbow on the exhaust pipe. Replaced both windshields.... I'm sure there are other things I can't think of right now.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that I could not have performed any of these repairs/upgrades without my father and my good friend Don. Life is definitely better with good people to help you through!

F18hornetM

Well, first time posting here, but have been reading posts for awhile.
This weekend, adjusted the clutch (had no free play), much better now, Passenger outside door handle would open the door, sometimes!! Removed latch mechanism and found a wore little arm, that pushes the latch open, repaired that and built a new rear liense plate bracket, truck had plate attached to tailgate, didnt like that so made a new one. Took some pics of the tag bracket, made from a piece of 12ga sheet metal, cut out slot so could be attached with turn signal wires running through it, mounts to turn signal housing bolts, primed and painted flat black, much better than on tailgate

have enjoyed reading the posts

Attachments

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I fixed the emergency side air line, replace the valve that was damaged, and pulled off the mudflap to pound the dents out of it.

AceHigh

This is all good stuff! Finally finished installing my ether start system, eliminating the flame heater. Very simple! I was quite pleased.

Passenger side front silicon boot and seals. Time for a nap. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks