What did you do to your trailer today.

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

BlownL36

My tire has a new tube and the wheel is back on the trailer. My assistant had to work today so I improvised again and got it done by myself*.

* = I used Coug's suggestion about using a lawn mower ramp to assist. Going downhill worked well for me.

Total expenses = $83 for labor and tube at the tire shop. $11 for 100 miles of travel back and forth to tire shop. Approximately 7 hours of my labor, not counting rest breaks - priceless.

View attachment 799998View attachment 799999View attachment 800000View attachment 800001
Glad you got it fixed!

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My tire has a new tube and the wheel is back on the trailer. My assistant had to work today so I improvised again and got it done by myself*.

* = I used Coug's suggestion about using a lawn mower ramp to assist. Going downhill worked well for me.

Total expenses = $83 for labor and tube at the tire shop. $11 for 100 miles of travel back and forth to tire shop. Approximately 7 hours of my labor, not counting rest breaks - priceless...
Good job, and resourcefulness on getting it back together! Another trick that may help in the future, is a couple of 2-3’ pieces of 3/4” black iron pipe. Lean the tire up against the hub, stick the pipes trough the lug holes and onto the studs, lift slightly on the pipes until the wheel slides on.

BlownL36

Good job, and resourcefulness on getting it back together! Another trick that may help in the future, is a couple of 2-3’ pieces of 3/4” black iron pipe. Lean the tire up against the hub, stick the pipes trough the lug holes and onto the studs, lift slightly on the pipes until the wheel slides on.
That’s a great idea!

Retired1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Works in progress -

2-5/16" coupler and MRAP steps. I wanted a primer coupling so I could paint it but it was $30 more. I'm not sure if paint will stick to the black powder coat? The 2-5/16" coupler will give me more options for moving the trailer.

DSCF2715.JPGDSCF2713.JPG

I can't lift the steps (122 lbs) so I am exploring my options on how I can use them.

Not shown yet: I'm working on new 1/2" grade 80 safety chains. I picked up two connector links while I was in town today.

Retired1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2724.JPGDSCF2729.JPGDSCF2734.JPG

I put my flags out by my trailer. I think my trailer likes to see the flags for what they represent as much as I do. I painted a 5/8" x 4-3/4" clevis pin that I'll be using with my new safety chains. I painted my new 2-5/16" coupler following M813rc's advice. In 2035 I will revive these posts and we'll see how well this paint job has held up.

Last edited:

BlownL36

View attachment 800884View attachment 800885View attachment 800886

I put my flags out by my trailer. I think my trailer likes to see the flags for what they represent as much as I do. I painted a 5/8" x 4-3/4" clevis pin that I'll be using with my new safety chains. I painted my new 2-5/16" coupler following M813rc's advice. In 2035 I will revive these posts and we'll see how well this paint job has held up.
I like to see them as much as the trailers too!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks