• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Jeepadict

I've had this 'ol gal for about a month now, this was the solution to convince my wife to get rid of the extra vehicles and get into a Traverse...this gives her the pickup bed capability, tho I'll prob use it more. Already been a workhorse getting the astronomical amount of pine needles hauled off to the burn dump before the snow sets in for the season.

There's some small issues to address, but nothing time & money can't fix...master cylinder is bolted/locked out, one parking brake cable is bad, and the other parking brake handle has some corrosion issues.

I have no intentions to modify anything, but swapping out the fixed lunette for the 5-position adjustable lunette will def be coming...along with swapping out the intervehicular cable in favor of a like made 7-way RV style cord & plug (plug & play with the factory trailer wiring) and devising an underbody winch-type spare tire carrier.

Picked up an accessory box from a MEP trailer that I'll be mounting on the tongue to carry tire changing tools (will have to sacrifice the cord stowage cradle). Right now I'm leaning toward painting the horrible camo job with CARC substitute solid green (since everything else is solid green).

Over the weekend we took advantage of Black Friday at Discount Tire to do an early replacement of our Suburban tires. Now my Suburban, K25, and trailer all share the exact same wheel/tire package and have 4 spares between the 3 (Silverado also carries the same rubber but diff wheels due to being DRW). Tho when the wheels come off to install Bearing Buddies I will definitely be painting the drums black.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good score!
That will look much better painted solid green.
Painting wheels black or green will look good too.

Croft trailer supply has all the factory parts for the hydraulic brake actuator.
Finding correct cables is a roll of the dice.
New brake handles (correct ones) are impossible to find.
Dexter and Redline will have axle/hub parts.

Did you win trailer at Auction or buy retail?

These are the best trailers the military ever fielded, in my opinion
They seldom come up for auction at GP now.

Jeepadict

Good score!
That will look much better painted solid green.
Painting wheels black or green will look good too.

Croft trailer supply has all the factory parts for the hydraulic brake actuator.
Finding correct cables is a roll of the dice.
New brake handles (correct ones) are impossible to find.
Dexter and Redline will have axle/hub parts.

Did you win trailer at Auction or buy retail?

These are the best trailers the military ever fielded, in my opinion
They seldom come up for auction at GP now.
I'm inclined to agree on the solid green. Wheels are definitely going to stay as-is as that pair has 12 identical siblings amongst my other vehicles...but the brake drum needs to go black just to clean up the look.

Croft has already been very helpful, they also have exploded views and PDFs from the manufacturer. I have a line on some original parts from a guy who did an overland conversion build in SoCal, should be picking those up this weekend. I understand e-trailer has hub & bearing parts as well.

Purchase was private party from a MV enthusiast gentleman outside Los Angeles. One of the users here on SS "BLK HMMWV" turned me on to it as he was the previous owner.

I've been very pleased with this one so far. Looking forward to making a few minor improvements to fit my application better without taking away from the original form.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm inclined to agree on the solid green. Wheels are definitely going to stay as-is as that pair has 12 identical siblings amongst my other vehicles...but the brake drum needs to go black just to clean up the look.

If the wheels are staying as is, then painting the entire trailer solid black would look good.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I finalized making the trailer legal in California by adding a license plate night. I have been trying to do as little modification wise to keep the trailer as original as possible. All I have done has been to drill 4 holes (2 for the plate and two to run wiring). I tapped into the rear red LED markers with a Parker splitter and made pig tails to keep the wiring harness unmolested. I have had issues with the trailer bows bouncing out so I added some snap pins to the base pieces to hold them in.

Attachments

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like a show trailer, almost too good to put it to work!
My first M1101 was pristine, unused, except for one small dent where someone backed into it.

This one has a few dents and dings, scratches, and saw limited use before the auction. It's a 20' good looking trailer. ;)

It gets used, maybe not as often as some, but I don't have (or want) a pickup truck so when I need it, I need it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
@Mullaney the extended M105A1/A2 is gone aaaand the M1123 HMMWV is going to be up for sale as soon as the title comes in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guess that little tiny 7-Ton will just have to be "your fix" then for a little while :cool:
You could always ride the M1123 in the back of the MTVR...

Toys are Fun!!!

Tim

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Trailer is looking excellent!
Thanks, Yea it sits a lot right at the end of my carport. Been awhile maybe two years since I have taken it to the show in Mt. Dora FL. I was not planning on taking it to Denton NC. show but looks like I need it to carry all the goodies people want. Guess it will be cheaper than a hotel room for two nights and I do not need to make Paris Hilton any richer.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just in case I bring the trailer to Denton next month bleach and wash. They say moss does not grow on a rolling stone but they forgot to add it does not grow on a moving trailer. Well it looks good enough for me to show it. Guess I better wash the 915 too.
Nice! You needed to have a reason to take her somewhere :cool: .
Agreed that a nice comfy place to sleep without involving Paris is a good thing.

Tim

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please say a Prayer that my X gets her raise. If not I have to help her move from Louisiana to Jacksonville Fl. Spent two hours unloading the small cargo trailer if I have to help. The storage 30 footer is getting is share of the goodies.
Also loading up the 373 for the Denton show.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Please say a Prayer that my X gets her raise. If not I have to help her move from Louisiana to Jacksonville Fl. Spent two hours unloading the small cargo trailer if I have to help. The storage 30 footer is getting is share of the goodies.
Also loading up the 373 for the Denton show.
Wow. That is a lot of goodies moving in the 373!

Not sure I would be helping my X move anything, so you must be a better man than me... Hope it all works out well and that you don't fall over from exhaustion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks