• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please say a Prayer that my X gets her raise. If not I have to help her move from Louisiana to Jacksonville Fl. Spent two hours unloading the small cargo trailer if I have to help. The storage 30 footer is getting is share of the goodies.
Also loading up the 373 for the Denton show.
James, If it happens to be, shout out and maybe we can do lunch while you are passing through the big easy.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post Findlay '21 & M870A1:-

Must have measured all 60+ on site, found the only one that was 1 1/4" (&1") with hex hole... Fortunately I have a load of crow bars kicking around - one was 3/4" hex so it got decapitated. (Good-older ones are octagonal)
20210517_122111.jpg
Got a pair of the 400mm deliniator plates from mwmules...
20210517_124500.jpg
Picked up the last needed Crosby shackle (of 4) but that bolt is wrong - large bar of steel already in lathe, will turn down then thread at 5.5tpi. [Factory green one on left]
20210517_124909.jpg

Other work done recently:
Spare tyre retainer...
20210517_124508.jpg
Middle axle; wheels/hubs cleaned, new tyres, flaps, tubes, bearings and seals.
20210517_124605.jpg
One bent cross member being straightened, will 'shrink' the stretched flange at some point ~ before paint and floor!

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Post Findlay '21 & M870A1:-

Must have measured all 60+ on site, found the only one that was 1 1/4" (&1") with hex hole... Fortunately I have a load of crow bars kicking around - one was 3/4" hex so it got decapitated. (Good-older ones are octagonal)
View attachment 834638
Got a pair of the 400mm deliniator plates from mwmules...
View attachment 834639
Picked up the last needed Crosby shackle (of 4) but that bolt is wrong - large bar of steel already in lathe, will turn down then thread at 5.5tpi. [Factory green one on left]
View attachment 834640

Other work done recently:
Spare tyre retainer...
View attachment 834641
Middle axle; wheels/hubs cleaned, new tyres, flaps, tubes, bearings and seals.
View attachment 834642
One bent cross member being straightened, will 'shrink' the stretched flange at some point ~ before paint and floor!
Wow! Looks like your trailer has arrived.

Jeepadict

Sezzo

How were you able to decide which aftermarket part number was the correct one to use? I've tried searching by p/n from the TM without success.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I did the same - no results, no success. A good friend of mine changed the shocks on his trailer and they fitted perfectly. So I just did the copy and paste thing. Tell me if you need the correct part number.

Jeepadict

I did the same - no results, no success. A good friend of mine changed the shocks on his trailer and they fitted perfectly. So I just did the copy and paste thing. Tell me if you need the correct part number.
Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been maybe 6 months since I moved the trailer so I thought about the bearings and oil in my hubs. Took longer to get out the air compressor, air jack and wrench to cage the cans. Quick jack up, cage one side give the tires a good spin and on too the the other side. Put stuff away and same as before took longer to do that. Still glad I did the up grade S cam axle.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks