• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

TITANBOW

After 19 years it was time for a new truck. With a new truck came a new color....White.
Everything I ownen is RED to match the old truck, EZ-up chairs, tents, ttrailer, kayaks, camping items, you name it.

I tore the tub off the frame and freshened it up.
The neighbors who watched me paint it red 10 years ago were not happy as I painted it in the front yard.View attachment 838958View attachment 838959View attachment 838960View attachment 838961
White looks good! Your build posts on Expedition Portal are the reason I ended up buying one of these trailers in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harleyhouse

Took the trailer out for an afternoon picnic. It still pulls great and looks good with fresh paint and axle lube. I exchanged the chrome faced wheels for a set of steel ones then repainted with mag wheel argent silver to match the Superduty. a pair of chrome RV caps finish it off. I have to finish painting the rack and tent deck of figure out a system for a RTT. The $25.00 DELTA 90 tool box I bought works well to store my camping needs. wt8.jpgwt1.jpgwt2.jpgwt1.jpgwt1.jpgwt2.jpgwt3.jpgwt4.jpgwt8.jpgwt6.jpgwt6.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Took the trailer out for an afternoon picnic. It still pulls great and looks good with fresh paint and axle lube. I exchanged the chrome faced wheels for a set of steel ones then repainted with mag wheel argent silver to match the Superduty. a pair of chrome RV caps finish it off. I have to finish painting the rack and tent deck of figure out a system for a RTT. The $25.00 DELTA 90 tool box I bought works well to store my camping needs. View attachment 839448View attachment 839443View attachment 839444View attachment 839443View attachment 839443View attachment 839444View attachment 839445View attachment 839446View attachment 839448View attachment 839447View attachment 839447
That is nice. Everything you need all in a nice compact trailer.
With paint and rims to match the truck makes it pretty awesome!

And the puppy dog seems to be ready for a hot dog or a hamburger...
I am guarding the fort dad!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Recovered a M353 and an MTVR BII kit, unfortunately the brake shoes were dragging on the trailer. Found out after driving 1/2 mile and stopping to check hub temps (just bought at auction) and found them warm. Grabbed a wrench and backed them off real quick and off we went! IMG_5774.jpg
IMG_5775.jpg
IMG_5777.jpg

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Hauled my deuce to an event and kept the rig as a static display, also hauled a CAT955L and unfortunately when the guy backed down it slipped and slid sideways slamming down on my ramp and bent it slightly. Will repair it, in the meantime I added some 1” solid square stock to the ramp sides along with trailer sides to create a “slide stop” for tracked vehicles, plus some stock for grabbing points for the tracks to pull themselves up on. Next mod I’d like to do is weld up a center into the ramps and add a hydraulic cylinder and pump to manually raise the ramp without my assistance.IMG_6198.jpg
IMG_6300.jpg
IMG_6301.jpg
IMG_6302.jpg
IMG_6304.jpg
IMG_6305.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hauled my deuce to an event and kept the rig as a static display, also hauled a CAT955L and unfortunately when the guy backed down it slipped and slid sideways slamming down on my ramp and bent it slightly. Will repair it, in the meantime I added some 1” solid square stock to the ramp sides along with trailer sides to create a “slide stop” for tracked vehicles, plus some stock for grabbing points for the tracks to pull themselves up on. Next mod I’d like to do is weld up a center into the ramps and add a hydraulic cylinder and pump to manually raise the ramp without my assistance.View attachment 847920
View attachment 847921
View attachment 847922
View attachment 847923
View attachment 847924
View attachment 847925

Yessir, if you are going to haul many tracked vehicles, wood is the way to go.
Steel on steel tends to slip and fall off and go boom (or thump)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yessir, if you are going to haul many tracked vehicles, wood is the way to go.
Steel on steel tends to slip and fall off and go boom (or thump)
I alway loaded track loaders bucket first toward the pull truck 955/977/963/973 and here in TN we have to by law load the dozers backward if they hang over at all so if you hit anything like a pole the draft arms might let it glance off instead of the end bits slicing the poles or whatever in half and loading and unloading the old style loaders just push that throttle back to idle when you getting ready to crown over and a foot on each main brake pedal if the operator works off one side more than others the cutting clutches will let that one pedal go down further so i never trusted the center pedal the 53s 63s73s just use the hydrostatic almost back to park pos at the small end of the v travel pos but you have to keep throttle locked in wide open just make it seem like a day long when it crowns over nice and gentle ! I had rather load/unload track eqip instead of rubber tired stuff any day and add wet or mud put the seat belt on cause you cant always get the trailer floor on flat ground so the stakes go up quick oh and try loading 621 or 631 pans with just a couple inches of the inside of the tires barely hanging on the outside lip of the trailer by yourself LOL

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hauled my deuce to an event and kept the rig as a static display, also hauled a CAT955L and unfortunately when the guy backed down it slipped and slid sideways slamming down on my ramp and bent it slightly. Will repair it, in the meantime I added some 1” solid square stock to the ramp sides along with trailer sides to create a “slide stop” for tracked vehicles, plus some stock for grabbing points for the tracks to pull themselves up on. Next mod I’d like to do is weld up a center into the ramps and add a hydraulic cylinder and pump to manually raise the ramp without my assistance.View attachment 847920
View attachment 847921
View attachment 847922
View attachment 847923
View attachment 847924
View attachment 847925

TAKE THAT SAME SQ STOCK AND CUT A BUNCH OF SHORT PIECES AND ON THE LONG RAILS OD THE RAMP AND WELD ONE SIDEWAYS AT THE ENDS OF THE CROSS SLATS ON THE LONG BEAM I READ ALL THIS BACKWARDS NOW I SEE WHY HE SLID DOWN THE RAMPS THERES NOTHING TO GET A BITE ON THOSE ARE RUBBER TIRED RAMPS ! AND UP ON THE TRAILER FLOOR WHEN YOU CROWN OVER THOSE RAMPS OVER THE TIRES WELD SOME OF THOSE SQ STOCK DOWN WHERE THE TRACK ITSELF CAN GRIP IT IF YOU WELD IT LONG WAYS WITH THE TRAILER THE TRACK CANT GRIP IT .

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I alway loaded track loaders bucket first toward the pull truck 955/977/963/973 and here in TN we have to by law load the dozers backward if they hang over at all so if you hit anything like a pole the draft arms might let it glance off instead of the end bits slicing the poles or whatever in half and loading and unloading the old style loaders just push that throttle back to idle when you getting ready to crown over and a foot on each main brake pedal if the operator works off one side more than others the cutting clutches will let that one pedal go down further so i never trusted the center pedal the 53s 63s73s just use the hydrostatic almost back to park pos at the small end of the v travel pos but you have to keep throttle locked in wide open just make it seem like a day long when it crowns over nice and gentle ! I had rather load/unload track eqip instead of rubber tired stuff any day and add wet or mud put the seat belt on cause you cant always get the trailer floor on flat ground so the stakes go up quick oh and try loading 621 or 631 pans with just a couple inches of the inside of the tires barely hanging on the outside lip of the trailer by yourself LOL
You weren't loading track loaders on trailers that have a 4ft deck height.

Low decks I go forward. Steps and flatbed where there is alot of looking at the sky while you climb the ramps, it's best to go backwards so you can see the deck alot easier out the rear of the machine then trying to judge it when you are looking straight up and can't see outside the tracks.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You weren't loading track loaders on trailers that have a 4ft deck height.

Low decks I go forward. Steps and flatbed where there is alot of looking at the sky while you climb the ramps, it's best to go backwards so you can see the deck alot easier out the rear of the machine then trying to judge it when you are looking straight up and can't see outside the tracks.
most of theequipment im refering to would be over 13.6 we had hyd ramp rear load trailer those decks were in the 32 to 36 range when we finaly gota detachabe goose neck we were real low but it didnt matter sometimes they would move me with towing co trailers if ours were busy i hadto climb on all kinds of trailers it didnt matter which end the bukets on it needs to be in the air either way i want to just my tracks and crowning over really easy and what you do when the tracks touch the ramp or floor is where its going to be the time to know your shite maybe folks do itdiffernt in diferant parts but i never loaded any of those track loaders with the bucket to the rear of the truck just the dozers blade back that would drive me crazy to have to crown over onto the trailer going backwards its just differnt stroke for differant folks knock on wood never lost one over the side i like to swing around on a track hoe climbing off the back and walk out mid air and put the bucket on the ground to crown over more gentle and let myself down to the ramp but that was 225 the 235 and 245s had to go on detachable trailer and usally leave someone one on the machine keeping the stick and bucket from touching the ground if we were moving short intown moves.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the M101 in the prior post, will Hmmwv tires/wheels fit?
not without some wheel spacers. Usually a 2" wheel spacer is used. Some people get away with no spacers, but when I tried it on mine it was rubbing hard against the parking brake cable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks