• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up a set of the solid wheels and G186 tires for the M149A2 water trailer.
No more lock rings.
Will install this week.

View attachment 918588

View attachment 918406
View attachment 918576View attachment 918405
Following this as I also got 2 from gp in Mobile reasonable but I did not get to steal them 🙃

The rims are flat on the lug face not tapered. Curious as to which lug nut will work. I have a m107 just older than the m149 but I think the same running gear. My thought was to see what lug nuts are used on my m105a3 and go that direction.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Following this as I also got 2 from gp in Mobile reasonable but I did not get to steal them 🙃

The rims are flat on the lug face not tapered. Curious as to which lug nut will work. I have a m107 just older than the m149 but I think the same running gear. My thought was to see what lug nuts are used on my m105a3 and go that direction.
The solid rims are not the easiest to find.
Usually pricey when you do.
I was very lucky.

Those lugs should work fine.
Please post if you have any issues.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Joe Bertram

Yes, those are the ones. Tm shows both sides are right. I will need to find left hand equivalent of those washer/nuts to fit the older trailers.
Do those lugs have an inside collar to center in the hole?
Are they 1-1/2 outer diameter?
No alignment collar of any kind they are 1.5" outside I've had a couple off of the 105 when we went to Kentucky to get the gen set on the 200 so we had some spare tires for the trip but completely forget if they're all standard right hand threads and the pics I took today were both the same side

gandalf23

Started working on my M1101.

Got what I was told is a M1102 cargo platform, put it on and it is going to need some modification to work.
IMG_6199.JPG

Once that is settled, will add a pair of M998 troop seats. Hopefully will still be able to use the tarp/cover. If not will add pipe to the seat backs to fit the bows. Then a bumper to mount the swing out tire carrier to. Then go camping with the kids!

Did a walkaround video if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb6YVCk893Q

DavidM310

New wheels and tires on my 1997 M1102 as the tires have a DOT date code of 147. I’ve read that in 2000 date codes changed to a 4 digit so this would mean a 1997 manuf date? Also purchased a spare. Tires fit flush with trailer and was able to reuse original conical 9/16-18 lug nuts except for 1 that was cross threaded. Hope this helps someone.

New wheels:
US Wheel 659 Series 659-7880
16”x8”
8x6.5” Bolt Pattern
5.25” Backspacing
+19mm Offset
3,000 Load Rating
Conical lug nut seat

New Tires:
Toyo Open Country A/T III
295/75/16

Attachments

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a camper/deer blind out of one of my 1101’s and an S250 shelter.

eBay RV windows cost me close to $1k (I did buy a couple extras).

I didn’t like the first size I chose, so I had to repair the holes I cut to install the new windows. I used aluminum sheets thicker than the actual skin of the S250 for the patch.

I used aluminum rivets to attach the sheets with 3M 5200 adhesive.

I used stainless cable with aluminum turnbuckles to secure the front of the shelter (instead of the pictured ratchet strap).

I made a very rudimentary bed with plywood in the front.

I made this blind for me and my nephew to night hunt out of. I sleep on the bed while he slept on the side ledge.

The picture shows cardboard shimming the window out while the caulking cures. I then caulked the inside to make it secure.

These windows come with a trim kit that is the exact width of the S250 wall. (Except the big front window). Very convenient.

The big front window is also an emergency exit in case some jokester tries to lock the door from the outside.

It’s reasonably warm, you could rig up a mini wood burning stove for the winter time.

Attachments

Another Ahab

New wheels and tires on my 1997 M1102 as the tires have a DOT date code of 147. I’ve read that in 2000 date codes changed to a 4 digit so this would mean a 1997 manuf date? Also purchased a spare. Tires fit flush with trailer and was able to reuse original conical 9/16-18 lug nuts except for 1 that was cross threaded. Hope this helps someone.
Your first post, DavidM310?

Excellent. Welcome Aboard!

Fine looking trailer there. What kind of loads are you hauling?

DavidM310

Your first post, DavidM310?

Excellent. Welcome Aboard!

Fine looking trailer there. What kind of loads are you hauling?
Yes first post and thank you. I’m using it to haul camping gear (tent, chairs, firewood, water) behind my 1999 Lexus LX470 aka Land Cruiser. Wife, 2 kids, and a Black Labrador so would like to keep the cabin free of gear as it gets crowded quickly.

DavidM310

I mounted the spare in the front of the trailer using the 2” hitch. This should keep weight in the front and still allow tailgate access without the need for a swing out.

I used the following parts:

•Curt Spare Tire Mount 31006
•M10 x 1.25 x 60 Class 10.9 Bolts (Dorman 459-560)
•M10 x 1.25 Open Conical Lug Nuts

I used M10 bolts/nuts because 9/16 bolts like the M1101/M1102 studs do not fit in the Curt tire mount’s slots.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks