• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you guys do?

PorscheTech911

Well I can't afford to buy a deuce yet unless I get lucky and get one for $150 from GL. So what did you do to help pass the time until you got yours? I'm going nuts waiting for my luck to turn around! :-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did lawns in the evening and any little job I could to get extra money. Did labor jobs and what not. Also had a paper route.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I surfed the web looking at all the fun everyone was having with theirs until I flipped my lid and raided the piggy bank.

That was 3 years ago and now the g/f and I have 5.5 of them. And a mule. And a Jeep. And ann M1009.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still got that 1009? Heck, I still have your dipstick. Sorry, life is a blur right now!

Parker2

Don't want to sound like a bumper sticker, but don't wait for your luck to change. Make it change. Be creative and get out there and make the extra money that you need.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eh, I started with 5 tons. Now I won't own anything bigger than a deuce. I keep a 5 ton brake drum here in the woods. Anytime I get the urge to buy a 5 ton, I move that brake drum across the yard, my desires change right quick. There is little a 5 ton can do in my life, that a deuce can't.

littlebob

Don't want to sound like a bumper sticker, but don't wait for your luck to change. Make it change. Be creative and get out there and make the extra money that you need.
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I was bitching about a job I had to
a friend at a bar and grill and someone said to me that only YOU can make your situation better( 15Yr ago). After making advances on a regular basis, I got a lbit complacent and then the other factor rolls in. ( If you keep doing the same thing you've always done, you'll keep geting the same results ). It's a tough time to change jobs, I know but you have to slow down enough to look at where you are and see what your future oppertunties are at your current job and look a couple of years in the future and decide how much time you want to waste where your at if there is no future in it. Getting focused on a written plan will help you.

Good Luck!

PorscheTech911

I was looking into it, and I really want a multifuel. And I agree with what you said about a 5 ton being overkill, unless I buy a tank I wont need to haul or pull that much. I think a deuce will work, and is easier to find. Just my thought

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't really afford one either, but I figured with a decent running deuce, it will more than outwork my 3/4 ton Ram. So I bit the bullet and took a chance on a GL deuce. I got very lucky and it's a great runner that was just serviced. So I sold the Ram (It wasn't my daily driver anyway) since I just used it for work around the farm/home. Made enough to pay for the deuce, the lube trailer, one of my generators and the monster air compressor I got from GL.:-D:-D:-D

The only problem now is I've contracted that dreaded OD Iron flu. I WANT MORE!!!!!!

PorscheTech911

Well im going to mechanics school, work at NAPA, and have only 1 German Mauser k98 which I'm not willing to part with. I have an 05 chevy malibu maxx (which I hate) so I'm kinda limited. :cry: