• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do i need to know to install a winch?

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a garden variety 2dr soft top M998.

I've also got the pictured mile marker hydraulic winch and mounting plate.

Presumably I need a couple of hydraulic hoses. What else?

Are there instructions somewhere in the TM for how to install?
Is that all you have??? I have the "near" complete kit and although I have not looked at the thing in a while I'm pretty sure there are a couple of brackets, a hand full of grade 8 bolts, the plug that is mounted in the dash with the wiring to the solenoid valves on the winch and a controler that are needed for sure along with the two hoses. The dash plug shows up occasionally with the regular suppliers but expect a hit in the pocket book. The pieces are in the TM's.

Reactions: 98G

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the mentioned parts plus yellow controller (usually on ebay) or black ( warn for electric) if you reverse the wiring, 2 longer lower control arm bolts, wiring harness.

Mile marker did sell me the parts I was missing directly.

I can't recall size off hand but look on my thread for a suggestion on a mm crowfoot and short stubby wrench for the nut on one of the hoses is real tight fit.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't tell you how much I appreciate this!!!

This is exactly what I was looking for.
FYI... don't know about the situation presently but Mile Marker used to be pretty uppity about any part with a government part number . Some have had good luck others not so much. My 2 cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks