• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do i need to know to install a winch?

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a garden variety 2dr soft top M998.

I've also got the pictured mile marker hydraulic winch and mounting plate.

Presumably I need a couple of hydraulic hoses. What else?

Are there instructions somewhere in the TM for how to install?
Is that all you have??? I have the "near" complete kit and although I have not looked at the thing in a while I'm pretty sure there are a couple of brackets, a hand full of grade 8 bolts, the plug that is mounted in the dash with the wiring to the solenoid valves on the winch and a controler that are needed for sure along with the two hoses. The dash plug shows up occasionally with the regular suppliers but expect a hit in the pocket book. The pieces are in the TM's.

Reactions: 98G

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the mentioned parts plus yellow controller (usually on ebay) or black ( warn for electric) if you reverse the wiring, 2 longer lower control arm bolts, wiring harness.

Mile marker did sell me the parts I was missing directly.

I can't recall size off hand but look on my thread for a suggestion on a mm crowfoot and short stubby wrench for the nut on one of the hoses is real tight fit.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't tell you how much I appreciate this!!!

This is exactly what I was looking for.
FYI... don't know about the situation presently but Mile Marker used to be pretty uppity about any part with a government part number . Some have had good luck others not so much. My 2 cents.