• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do Yall think about M820 Van trucks?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love mine. Yes if you are not as agile and strong as you use to be then folding the floor and roof closed can be a pain. I close the floor and roof from the ground as far as I can then I jump up on the center rail and finish the closing. I still can do it but it takes everything I have. Opening it is a lot less pain if the cables are there and working. I have one box I took off and made it into a ground shop plus two more 313 exp. traliers and the 820A and as I said I love them.

Last edited:

Kalbrman

Instructions for expanding the M820 are here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-s-the-story&p=1380416&viewfull=1#post1380416

It can be done by one person if you're in good shape, but better for two people. The ceiling and floor panels are cabled together so that they open up fairly easy. When closing it is better to be able to jump up on the rails that support the sides and push with your foot to get the floor and roof panels to mesh together so that they can be locked. Then the ends can be folded in and the sidewalls cranked back in. If everything is lubed and working well, I think I remember two guys being able to shove one side in at a time instead of having to use the crank. Just as long as you're not pushing it uphill. Make sure the ratchet pawls are disengaged if shoving it closed, or pulling it open. Otherwise, the ratchet pawls should be used when cranking the sides back in (retracting).

Pictures for what the M820 looked like when used as a calibration van are here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...eck-her-out!&p=1144264&viewfull=1#post1144264

The racks pretty much take up the entire floor except for a few feet at the back near the doors. There was only an inch or two between the benchtops and the sides when the van was closed up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks