What do you build?

Another Ahab

Phase 2 complete... Don't know how many know but this is being built off grid (that means not connected to any utilities and aren't available), 50 miles from any city and by one person "me".View attachment 874538View attachment 874539
Weldman, that is a work of art (apart from the engineering) in its own right!!

Got a question, and figuring you thought it through, but the possible uplift wind-load on that thing has go to be considerable:

- You got that covered with closing off the ends somehow and all, right?

Weldman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weldman, that is a work of art (apart from the engineering) in its own right!!

Got a question, and figuring you thought it through, but the possible uplift wind-load on that thing has go to be considerable:

- You got that covered with closing off the ends somehow and all, right?
Without the side wings alone was a considerable amount of uplift on the main atrium, it has so far sustain up to 80 mph winds without the side wings to buffer the wind. Most prevalent winds come from the SW which that hits it at an angle and for most damaging winds come from west which it's not a flat wall so it just slides right over. The structure will be buried on the west, north and east side to about foot and half from the main roof edge for natural insulation and wind won't bother it.
All the poles go 4 plus feet down and were packed down with backhoe using a special pole I made that had footprint of 6 x 6 inches pushing 10k plus pounds. As if that weren't enough check out what the poles are mounted to, I didn't just dig a post hole drop a pole down and few bags of concrete on top then back filled it. I took a 26 inch salt lick tub filled it with concrete (three 80lb bags), shoved down two layers a galvanized mesh mid ways then I took a 6 x 6 " piece of channel iron I welded rebar hooks on all 4 corners and shoved that in till flush with surface. After dried I then welded the pole to the channel iron and put holes in side for drainage and shoved the whole assembly down in the trenches that went down 4.5 to 5 ft back filled with rock before putting poles down.Pole build 1.jpegPole build 2.jpegSalt lick tub.jpgAnchor.jpg

Another Ahab

and shoved the whole assembly down in the trenches that went down 4.5 to 5 ft back filled with rock before putting poles down.
Some day some knucklehead national Third-Class (among all us knucklehead nations with nukes) is going to accidentally push the wrong button, and after launching is going to say "oops":

- 100 years later when the smoke clears and all the dust settles around the planet

That shed of yours is going to be the ONLY thing standing above grade.

Weldman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some day some knucklehead national Third-Class (among all us knucklehead nations with nukes) is going to accidentally push the wrong button, and after launching is going to say "oops":

- 100 years later when the smoke clears and all the dust settles around the planet

That shed of yours is going to be the ONLY thing standing above grade.
And if you dig around a bit you will find a house buried in the ridge side somewhere too that is fully functioning with lights, water and maybe overgrown plants in the front and I will saunter out with long grey beard and cane in hand to welcome you :ROFLMAO:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks