• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you build?

Another Ahab

Weldman, you are the Michaelangelo of pole barns!

But I tell you it scares me to think of you walking on those light-guage studs, man they're not dersigned for lateral loads like that. But I know you used your horse sense there about it.

Now how did you work those rounded cap end pieces, are those soemthing you just weld on?

Another Ahab

Loving the updates, Weldman!

Couplathree questions for you:

- What is that insulation, some kind of spray-on product? Thickness (just to kill the radiant heat from the metal panerls into the space)?

- And things look mighty dry out there (soil, grasses and all), is that regular for your part of Montana?

Another Ahab

Thanks,
Was a last minute idea as in 48 hours remembered I wanted one, tried building the form with wood, but was too twisted so next day grabbed some 5 inch channel iron and next morning put last rebar in and welded it put it in and within a hour the concrete truck showed up.
Glad you kept your cool. Nice work!

How did you screed that slab (especially the portions in the middle):

- no intermediate formwork to guide on

Did you drive pieces of vertical rebar to-height randomly around the area? Or just how did you work that?!

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice work looks like laser cut pieces...I build the 12 and 24 volt alt brackets for the duece as well as front and rear hitches for them to..i am now making alt brackets for the 800 and 900 series trucks to..i have built to much to list but some of my cooler things are my machines i built. my latest is a 5 axis 4x8 cnc plasma-router table with water table and rotary axis..
I’d like to know more about your alt brackets for 900 series. I would like to add a 12 volt alternator to my Commins NCH250. Are you planning on selling these brackets?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks