• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you stow under the Driver's seat?

panshark

I keep my air hose and some cargo straps under my driver's seat. Also a 14ft logging chain. (the rest of my pulling chains are below, in the toolbox)

What does everybody else keep under their stock driver's seat?

srodocker

right now i have a springer driver and box passenger. but switching my pass one to a springer aswell. im adding a overhead cab rack and a toolbox where my pioneer tool rack and spare tire is. i have to heavy duty recovery straps. some spare brake fluid. tire wrench. various size zip ties. jack. a cpl other little things in the stock toolbox

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sledgehammer, impact, lug socket, 3/4" to 1/2" adapter, 3/4" 12" extension, duct tape, air chuck, tire pressure gauge, gladhand hose adapter, poncho, paper towels. I've got a slew of stuff in the toolbox as well.

Flyingvan911

I also have a springer seat. In my tool box i keep the airhose, starting fluid, anti-gel, motor oil for the fuel/IP, paper towels, and various other things.

steelandcanvas

I'm like patracy, I keep mine on my hip also. I also have a springer seat. In the tool box I keep a tool bag of hand tools and a 1/2'' drive socket set, along with a set of warning triangles, large wood blocks (because the jack won't reach), air hose with gladhand fitting, lug wrench, rags, and a short sledge hammer.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best thing is not to store anything in the cab. If there is /was and accident the contents will /can beat the life out of you.

Westech

CPL
:ditto:You don't want that Junk sliding around and getting in the way of the brakes ect.. and if the trucks stops really fast.. or rolls.. its going to beat the tar out of you.:ditto:

panshark

I stow items under my stock driver's seat because it is not a springer, and the seat cushion fits over a boxed-in compartment. there's no open ends for stuff to slide out underneath me. I should be safe from objects in the compartment in the event of a rollover if I am properly buckled. That being said, my road triangles are underneath my (open space) passenger compartment, because the case for them is simply too long to put in my under-driver's-seat box. So yes, they would knock me in the noggin. As well as my wooden chocks(under passenger seat.)

I also keep the bar for my locomotive jack on the floor behind the bench seat, I haven't had it move around yet, but it would probably bash my head in if it got loose into the cab in a rollover.

I also keep a can of PB blaster in the driver's seat box.

Gastrap

Hard to get to when you're sitting on top of it. It stays on my hip. ;)
+1.
1911 sub compact in a supertuck.
Spring seat, and the only thing on the floor in my cab will be whatever I may have purchased that day shopping.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks