• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you stow under the Driver's seat?

Pawnshop

First Aide Kit, shop towels, the padlock and chain I use to secure the door when parked, my POV keys, cigars and whatever else I don't want to get wet or dirty... that goes for both Deuces, they both have box seats

Varyag

I have a springer too, but in my tool box I keep 2 sets of fuel filters, oil, tire chains, jack, air impact, tire tools, air hose, zip ties, recovery chains and a whole crap load of other stuff that should be in there.

x-ray

The box seat is handy for storage. I have:

• Log Chain
  • Tow Strap
  • Fire extinguisher
  • flashlights
  • Jersey work gloves
  • ether
  • small butane torch (HF cheapie - but works well)
  • some basic tools (screwdrivers, crescent wrench, channel-lock pliers)
  • Cargo tie-down straps You never know when your going to pick up some free waste oil drum
  • penetrating oil - lubricant spray (CLP stuff)
  • sections of 550 cord
Yes - it all fits with a little room to spare.

In the tool box (with padlock)

I have

• a rubberized canvas /weatherproof backpack that is my "tool bag" with more tools and essentials like zip ties, duck tape, vinyl tape, electrical connectors, bulbs, etc.)
  • 12-ton bottle jack & 6x6 sections of wood blocks,
  • coiled airlines & inflator nozzle
  • 24Volt electric impact wrench
  • lug wrench
  • small first aid kit
  • Primary fuel filter
I probably carry too much, but rather be prepared than stuck.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I normally just keep myself in the cab. Everything else goes in the tool boxes. :mrgreen:

Darwin T

after the 19.5 hour A$$ numbing recovery drive home in my only deuce withthe box seat, i kept a note reminding me to get a spring seat. :drool: which i through away when i put in the springer. :driver:

boblester40

At the moment they are full of junk only picked the duece up two weeks ago , some oil seals rags random tools etc. Found a brand new cckw manual in the glove box which was nice as my co driver at the time is doing one :wink:

Akicita

I also have the springer seat.

I finally put the 3-drawer plastic cabinet someone gave me to good use when I put it in front of the passenger seat with the drawers pointing to the door. It fits perfectly and doesn't wobble at all. Inside the drawers are gloves, a few tools, bungie cords, chain, rope, stuff like that. I don't hear any rattling when I drive because the plastic drawers muffle the sound of dancing tools.

The cabinet itself weighs close to nothing and is quickly lifted out of the truck when I need that space for something else, or when someone comes along for a ride.

I don't have the measurements handy but you can find plastic cabinets like that at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's and other store like that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks