• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you to cap your Deuce exhaust stack with?

rlwm211

I have a maxwell house coffee plastic 34 oz container with a handle and I put a short hank of rope with a 1" nut on the end. It holds itself on in the wind and yet the deuce can 'pop' the can off when I start it. It conveniently hangs on the mirror brackets until I retrieve it.

I put it on with my all purpose "mirror adjusting-exhaust stack cap installation tool". That is a roughly 30" piece of 1/2" aluminum tube with about 2 inches bent at one end in a 90 degree angle. I can either pull or push the passenger mirror to my needs with the window cracked open a little. I stow the "tool" in the corner of the passenger side behind the brace. You younger and more able folks can climb up and put your stack caps on. I prefer to stay on the ground.
Just my 2 cents.

nw42

Steel Soldiers Supporter
chemsuit gloves have always worked well for my trucks. They keep out water, mud daubers..etc etc

Maxgussam

I use a plastic 2 liter Mtn Dew bottle with the top cut off where the label begins, and the label removed.

The green color compliments the Deuce paint scheme...:smile:

Opie

I use a plastic 2 liter Mtn Dew bottle with the top cut off where the label begins, and the label removed.

The green color compliments the Deuce paint scheme...:smile:
And if you forget to remove it, when you key the starter switch it becomes a Mark VII Anti-Personnel rocket!

Last edited:

redcoat54th

I use a thin plastic pickle jar. It just big enough to slip over the pipe and roomy enough that the bend at the top keeps the jar in line. Its transparent to its not unsightly when installed. Get a fridge magnet (the type thats free) and cover it with a "pre flight" type check list. Stick it on your dash where you can see it clearly. That way you don't launch the cover!

Attachments

Mt Doom Field Owner

In celebration of Halloween I have placed a bright orange plastic Jack-O-Lantern over my stack. Yes, the face is upside down but it looks cool up there. PS.. these Jack-O-Lanterns come in an assortment of day glow colors! Photos coming tomorrow... I am not going out there in the dark! We have a Chupacabra infestation here.

dabtl

I could not stand looking at the slobber coming out of the exhaust after a rain.

So, I read this thread. I had Folger 13% containers and now life is good. ;-)

Akicita

My Deuce came with an old coffee can that I still use.
I checked into flappers last time I was at the world's largest truck stop (on I-80 in IA).
They only had shiny flappers for straight cut exhaust pipes. Mine is curved (original).
I don't like the one's I've seen at some Flying J truck stops.
So, I'm still using the old coffee can.

bmH1065

Just replaced my J pipe and exhast pipe today. Didn't have to worry about it before as it had big hole. Thans for the ideas. Was looking for a rain cap but couldn't find one to fit the curve.

CobraCDR

Interesting that the military never came up with and used a cover that was designed for the vehicle. A bit of a pain for daily driving, but with the amout that trucks sit in the motor pools, it would have been a good idea.

Welder Sam

Im going with the 90° top and raincap. I like the counterbalance into the wind. I dunno if its right or not. See lots of rigs set that way here. The owl idear is tempting tho. :nothingfunny:

F18hornetM

I was thinking about a flapper but did not know you can adjust them. How do you do it?

Drill a hole and Install a bolt in either the weighted end, or the flap. You can lay the bolt on it to roughly check which size, most dont need anything though.
I dont use one on mine, but on other fram equipment do. I use the plastic coffee can on mine, and thats only because after it rans, it blows wet soot on the paint. Hate to mess up the paint ya know and I would think water, even a small amount in the "J" speeds up rust.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks