• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do your neighbors and other drivers think of your CUCV

lost in the bush

Just moved to new country setting. Have not met the neighbors. do not intend to. They always want to borrow your tools, truck front loader etc. . Don't get me wrong I like people, just not uninvited people.

Fence s scheduled for Monday. No trespass signs are up. along with signs my business partner gave me
" DO NOT ENTER - LIVE FIRE FIREARMS PRACTICE AREA"

Last edited:

wayne pick

Be careful of the types of signs you display on your fence. You might get a suprise visit from your "uncle" uninvited. You might also draw unwanted attention to yourself and to your property if you build a fortress arround it. I live in post 9-11 New York where everyone is a suspect, those signs here would last about a half an hour, tops. You will probably get more positive reactions to your MV than negitive anyway, just don't run over any hornets nests with it if you know what I mean. Be careful my friend.

lost in the bush

Thanks. for advise.. We are in the security consultant business.. Very intimate with the inner workings of the Federal government as well as others.

Of course yet another reason we did not settle in NY or CA, do not care for the local restrictions and mind set of many of their populace. The funniest question we've ever been asked by a New Yorker " Why do you carry a Gun?"

wayne pick

Understood and no offence ment. Just looking out. Those friends are good assets to be close to. The reaction you got from that New Yorker seems odd to me, must have been from Manhattan. In my home town in Putnam County, if you didn't own some kind of firearm there was something wrong. You would not want to get caught climbing through a window at 2am, but that was 30+yrs ago. A very different world now.

jwentz57

so far my neighbors are OK with my deuce but give it time i am sure there will be one there is always one in a bunch but not much they can do :driver:

j.cherry377

put up a sign saying 'Poisonous Reptile Breeding Farm' with a picture of a coiled rattlesnake underneath, that should keep anyone and everyone away. Course they will cut off the utilities after the meter reader refuses to gp into your yard.

lost in the bush

Understood and no offence ment. Just looking out. Those friends are good assets to be close to. The reaction you got from that New Yorker seems odd to me, must have been from Manhattan. In my home town in Putnam County, if you didn't own some kind of firearm there was something wrong. You would not want to get caught climbing through a window at 2am, but that was 30+yrs ago. A very different world now.

Absolutely no offense taken.

lost in the bush

The only issues we had at old house was new UPS drivers would not take the time to punch in the gate code given to the depot.. Only would make them make a second trip..

My partner who comes off as the hard guy of the group is the opposite of me.. Does not fence in or put up entrance gate.. Of course his wife is a stay at home lady and is a marksman. She also has her killer feral cats that watch the backdoor.:-?

cshaw07

My one neighbor HATES me with a passion. My cucv brings his property value down, there is too much mud in my drive way, i own too many vehicles, my cars are too loud, they are too stinky, the smoke too much, my dog always ****s in his yard even though shes never in his yard and my yard is fenced in, my landscape has too many weeds, my vehicles are too loud, my trees drop too many leaves in his yard, the paint is chipping on my one window, i leave my windows open too much, i fart too loud, im up too late, im up to early, my grass is too long, my grass is too short............. i just smile at him until his face turns red and he walks away, then mumble something just loud enough for him to somewhat hear me and i keep on walking. I can almost feel the heat of his blood boiling by this point. I'm 23, he's old, hes mean, and he is a ****ing DICK. All my other neighbors on the other hand love me, I help anyone with anything. When that guy moves I'm throwing a party.

jedawson1

My Neighbor hood kids love it and like to ride in the 5 Ton, as for the adults, I get asked if I am prepping for dooms day. I always tell them if dooms day hits I'm parking the truck in their yard so folks will come to them and leave me alone. If SHTF I don't want to be noticed so the first thing to go would be the truck.

MtnDuece

My neghbors love me and all that comes with guns mvs and the 6'2" 31year old who can fix just about anything extend your hand to your mad neighbors
Some times that's all it takes older folks are some times stuck in their ways and need u to put the first foot forward surrounded by retires and love it endless story's

Last edited:

Nacademus

I keep my truck parked in a pretty bad area. I'm always afraid someone is going to take a heat-wrench and steal my axles or vandalize it. I'm sure my tailgate will get stolen someday. Someone broke my wing window trying to get in the truck, once they realized my steering wheel was chained... I guess they gave up. Can't have anything nice where I'm from.

God knows nobody wants to work for a living around there, or let a man's hard-earned toy be. Jealous urbanites.

Nacademus

I keep my truck parked in a pretty bad area. I'm always afraid someone is going to take a heat-wrench and steal my axles or vandalize it. I'm sure my tailgate will get stolen someday. Someone broke my wing window trying to get in the truck, once they realized my steering wheel was chained... I guess they gave up. Can't have anything nice where I'm from.

God knows nobody wants to work for a living around there, or let a man's hard-earned toy be. Jealous urbanites.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

No comments yet from my immediate neighbors. The M1008 is sitting there until I can get my other truck running (maybe this weekend, finally!), THEN the 1008. I've had my trailer since last fall. They see it running back and forth with trash loads going out and firewood coming in. Again, no comments from the neighbors. But then, we don't chat much anyway. Everybody keeps to himself pretty much, unless we're all snowed in, anyway.

I DO get a lot of positive comments on my trailer when I'm out and about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks