• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does your M939 series truck weigh.

Gunzy

Have any of you ever had your trucks weighed? I have an M923A0 that I have basically converted to an M925A0 and used it to haul some scrap metal today and the weigh out surprised me a little. She scaled at 24,440lbs with a full tank of fuel, fiberglass troop seats, cargo cover, heavy duty tow bar and my 175lb butt in the drivers seat. Now it would be interesting to see what the weights of all the different models and series are compared to each other. So, if you have had your trucks on the scales post up their weight. Don't be shy, fat or skinny, we like them all. And you bobber owners are welcome to join in too. I want to see real weights not just what it says on the data plate.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have never weighed mine but the data plate should be accurate. When the military is loading equipment especially aircraft, if equipment weighs more than stated it can cause serious issues.

PWM

My M923A2 is 9700 pounds on the front axle and 12,220 pounds on the rear axles. No cargo cover and no seats, only wood racks. I do have a bed crane that weighs a couple hundred pounds and a medium tow bar. The tool boxes are also full of tools and spare parts.

Attachments

Last edited:

PWM

I forgot to mention a few other things. I weigh about 170 pounds,and I was in the truck when I weighed it. I gutted the muffler , And added a couple pounds of stereo and speakers. I also went from the normal batteries to a couple of group 31's. The spring seat was replaced with an air ride seat and the fuel can holder was replaced with a 20mm ammo can full of oil and coolant.

Attachments

Bighurt

I've found that between the dump, gravel pit and scrap yard my truck weighs drastically different depending on where I am...

Unless they are certified I wouldn't trust their scales. All they care is the difference between loaded and unloaded and it wouldn't surprise me if the scale was off to benefit them. Meaning scrap weighs less at the scrap yard and garbage more at the dump than expected.

PWM

Lucky for me the state weigh station is less than a mile away and they leave the scale on when no one is there. When I haul my firewood I weigh every load so I know how much I have and How much I still need to get.

74M35A2

That is obviously with you empty fuel tank. rofl
:funny:

I have to give you credit, boner. I used your line in this thread.

My 9 scaled at 23,500lbs at a scrap metal yard, just before I ran over a car somebody dropped off [M925A2]. Few inches of wet snow on the hood and in the bed. Yep, fuel tank was likely less than 1/8th tank. When the needle doesn't bounce up off the pin anymore, I have a few miles remaining, if on level ground. And there is only one way that you find that out.... And when you do it a second time, you are just confirming it.

Last edited:

MtnSnow

This past summer I ended up using my 923a2 to move old ups batteries for my work and one the loads put me at 37,680 with the UPS batteries weighing in at just over 16,210 pounds in the bed! Fortunately I only had to transport them a few miles to the real transporter for disposal.

So that would put my truck with Me in it with probably 3/4 of tank of fuel withOUT towbar and withOUT the cargo cover & bows on the truck at 21,470ish..

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks