• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does your pyro read at speed?

Had my truck on the freeway for the first time after installing a pyro. I was running 1000 at 50 mph on flat ground, would go to 1200 on slight grade. seems a little hot to me.

Please no wise cracks about searching. all ready been there.

PS If people thought about the titles to their threads and made them more descriptive the search function would work better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Westech

CPL
That is a tad hot.... WOT on flat ground I would run 850-900* and hills I could peg 1200* EZ.

Make sure everything is full of fluid and that the brake are adjusted correctly and not dragging.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PS If people thought about the titles to their threads and made them more descriptive the search function would work better.
Yeah, well wait till DH reads this thread and calls you onto the carpet for the spelling error in your thread title!

He will probably post a link to Wikipedia for the meaning of: "dose".

Don't worry, he treats us all the same way.

Rick

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:wink:I fixed the title spelling, but I can't help it if your a moron!:p

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was meant to be funny, not cold. Honest.:grin:

By his comments, it is obvious he has some familiarity with the site. If you don't think I make mistakes, well you just made one. It's good to laugh and learn.

mikew

:wink:I fixed the title spelling, but I can't help it if your a moron!:p
Before you give him crap about his spelling you might want to edit your post.... It's "you're a moron" not "your a moron"

That's the kind of mistake that only a moron would make!!!!

Hey,
This post isn't about me being a moron, that's been settled.

It's about if my engine is gonna blow up or not.

Thanks for your response
The Moron

Last edited:

ODw/envy

John Grisham novels. She (my pyro) likes crime stories.

On a not completely unrelated note, sense I don't have a "pyro". I have found that my truck actually pulls hills better if the pedal is not on the floor. If you put your foot in it all the way it will back down the speed every time. If, however, you give it 5%, or so, more throttle at the bottom of the hill and leave it set it will pull most hills no problem, even with an 8k load.

My point is, if you back out of it a little it may cool off and pull better. Win win in my estimation.

OD

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you give him crap about his spelling you might want to edit your post.... It's "you're a moron" not "your a moron"

That's the kind of mistake that only a moron would make!!!!

Now I feel like the Great Oz, when Dorothy and the others realized he was just a man. :oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks