• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does your pyro read at speed?

jatonka

My Hot Rod Deuce runs 600 t0 800 degrees on the flat running 55 MPH. on the hills, depending on the load I'm carrying, it runs from 900 to 1150 degrees, I will not run my engine up to 1200 degrees, I can't afford another one. JT

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We will know how bad 1200* is soon enough! I have been putting off new head-gaskets for too long. I have a spare set(of heads) at the machine shop right now. Once they come back, I will be digging in to the job. Its been about two years of running her at that temp, so we shall see if anything looks burnt.

Coming soon to a thread near you!

tm america

I just got my egt in and i know i'm running to much fuel to it..I can hit 1400 on a slight hill .. maintaining speed is around 1000. i know when i'm getting up there and let off.. I'm gonna leave mine like this for now .. i can always let off the go pedal but if i turn it down i loose alot of mud slinging power in the mud on short busrts that dont even get close to 1000 .. PLus i like to be able to make the tailgaters disappear in the cloud of black smoke behind me:driver::driver:

rrrr

950 on the flats, and 1150 on the hills. I have 395's and hemmtt rims so I'm doing around 60mph. I'm very pleased with the truck. I also added a remote brake resevoir so I can keep track of any fluid changes.

rlwm211

I set my fuel inmy truck so it cruises at 850-900 and works at 1050-1100 tops.

I am more concerned about preserving my motor health than power as we just did head gaskets due to oil leakage and while we had the manifolds off we installed the pyrometers: Pre and Post turbo.

The other factor that is important is fuel economy. The higher the EGT the lower your MPG.

With fuel running over $4.25 around here I want to make it go as far as possible.

Now, I have to spell check carefully to avoid the "Doghead" critique for any mistakes.....:grin:

:jumpin: