• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have I done?

chicklin

You guys probably get these posts every Thursday and Friday, but here goes:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Blind bid, no preview, I'm an idiot but I couldn't be more excited. It will probably self-destruct on the way home :)

$2,140 in Indiana w/winch, soft top, cargo cover, no heater....what do you think?

Attachments

jimm1009

You have once again scratched "the itch". I was also watching that truck. Should be a good deal as long as everything is working. I'm a Hoosier by birth and they use lots of salt on the roads in the winter but luckily sheetmetal is mostly flat and easy to replace.
Is that an A3 bumper? I know that they like to mount the B.O. headlight in that hole because of the new confitguration grill / radiatior support trim.
Jim

Somemedic

Looks like dust sitting on a newer motor. Even if you had to drop a grand into it (the thought frightens me) you have 3000 in that truck which for all purposes looks great and could be ebayed for close to double. I wish icould have your headache, you lucky turd...

Anyway, get it home and take pics along the way. Stop into Hooters outside of Indy, in Castleton. Ask for Jenny Lee and tell her you know one of the firemen that plays in the bagpipe band. Shes super cool and super hot.

jasonjc

Re: RE: What have I done?

Somemedic said:
Stop into Hooters outside of Indy, in Castleton. Ask for Jenny Lee and tell her you know one of the firemen that plays in the bagpipe band. Shes super cool and super hot.
nopics

That looks to be a real nice truck. Hope you can make the SS AROKMOKSTX rally this spring so I don't have to bring 2/3's of the trucks again :p

chicklin

jimm1009 said:
You have once again scratched "the itch". I was also watching that truck. Should be a good deal as long as everything is working. I'm a Hoosier by birth and they use lots of salt on the roads in the winter but luckily sheetmental is mostly flat and easy to replace.
Is that an A3 bumper? I know that they like to mount the B.O. headlight in that hole because of the new confitguration grill / radiatior support trim.
Jim
Yeah, I noticed a little surface rust inside the passenger fender under the exhaust. Looks like a pretty easy scrape and paint job. I couldn't see any other rust in the pics, but I'm sure there's some there. None of the paint is flaking, so that's good. I thought maybe there could be a hole in the J-pipe that was contributing to the rust inside the fender.

Yes, it's an A3 bumper as I learned earlier today.

Srjeeper

Nice looking truck, congrats and best of luck! Everybody had the same doudts the first time, but after ya get her home they'll go away. Just keep in mind that this is only the beginning, so leave room for more OD stuff :wink:

chicklin

Srjeeper said:
Nice looking truck, congrats and best of luck! Everybody had the same doudts the first time, but after ya get her home they'll go away. Just keep in mind that this is only the beginning, so leave room for more OD stuff :wink:
Yep, I know how that goes. My sickness started with an M715 which I mostly restored and sold so that I could buy this. I was able to buy this one and put some cash in the bank so that made the wife happier (notice I didn't say "happy" :) ), but now I wish I had both. Maybe an M37 next time....oh, and an M38 to put in the back of the deuce......

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you did good, besides, it's only money and you'll feel better about it when you get your second M35, and your third M35, and so on and on.

jim-m35a2

I got my truck from Indy. Started right up and drove it home 313 miles without a hitch. Well, it did rain and I got rain in my face from every gap and crack in the windshield. It was fun though.
________
Free joomla themes

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jim-m35a2 said:
I got my truck from Indy. Started right up and drove it home 313 miles without a hitch. Well, it did rain and I got rain in my face from every gap and crack in the windshield. It was fun though.
Bunch of rags under the seat of my trucks for stuffing in cracks. Deuces should have wipers on the inside too. Somebody removed the hitch from your truck?? LOL

chicklin

One other question, I've read all the stickies and advice on picking up a deuce so I'm not too worried about the mechanical issues, but I want to be sure I'm clear on the paperwork. Are these the right steps?

1) Get awarded the deuce at midnight after the auction
2) Submit license and EUC via email
3) Receive EUC approval
4) CC gets charged, two weeks to pick it up
5) Get insurance coverage
6) Get temporary tags?
7) Pick up deuce
8) Submit SF-97?
9) Wait forever and hopefully get title?

The biggest thing is that I want to make sure I'm road-legal on the way back.

54reo

chicklin said:
One other question, I've read all the stickies and advice on picking up a deuce so I'm not too worried about the mechanical issues, but I want to be sure I'm clear on the paperwork. Are these the right steps?

1) Get awarded the deuce at midnight after the auction
2) Submit license and EUC via email
3) Receive EUC approval
4) CC gets charged, two weeks to pick it up
5) Get insurance coverage
6) Get temporary tags?
7) Pick up deuce
8) Submit SF-97?
9) Wait forever and hopefully get title?

The biggest thing is that I want to make sure I'm road-legal on the way back.
Yes.

If, for some reason, you need any assistance on the way home through IL and eastern MO, I am not too far south of I-70 on the banks of the Mississippi. When you get closer to pick-up, send me a PM, and I will be on stand-by.

chicklin

54reo said:
If, for some reason, you need any assistance on the way home through IL and eastern MO, I am not too far south of I-70 on the banks of the Mississippi. When you get closer to pick-up, send me a PM, and I will be on stand-by.
I appreciate the offer. I was planning on coming back via I-72/Hwy 36 across North Missouri to try and avoid St. Louis and KC, but I haven't totally decided yet. There are some benefits to staying on I-70, but some drawbacks, as well.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think ya done good chicklin. heck ya can prolly scrap it for that price....but dontcha dare troop. Take the wife to the local car dealerships and let her see the POSs for sale for 2K and she will see a good investment on your part. If that dont work...buy her sumpin and take her out to a nice dinner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks