• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you Done To or With Your M880/890-series this week?

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
went back several years in this M880 forum and did not find this topic as you can on the other trucks. So here goes, I will start a ball rollingM880 doing the usual.jpg

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I started the M880 last week, it's been parked out side all winter.
I looked out the kitchen window at the M884 plow truck w/bad trans, then peered a bit to the left & seen the parts truck M882.
While in the garage working on my summer time civi pickup, I gazed out the window at my W400 USAF ambulance which is next to the project M1028, on the way back to the house, I laid my eyes on the M886 parts storage truck & the other M884 in faded fire dept red.

Hal_VT

Well, I started the M880 last week, it's been parked out side all winter.
I looked out the kitchen window at the M884 plow truck w/bad trans, then peered a bit to the left & seen the parts truck M882.
While in the garage working on my summer time civi pickup, I gazed out the window at my W400 USAF ambulance which is next to the project M1028, on the way back to the house, I laid my eyes on the M886 parts storage truck & the other M884 in faded fire dept red.

Hal_VT

Well I'm several months late on this reply, but:
Yesterday (JAN 30, 2023) I loaded up the old girl with too many pounds of sand and spread it on several driveways. The poor thing is getting pretty moth-eaten, and the frame is sagging, she's addicted to ether for the first start every day, and is daylight only for lights. I still mount the sander every year, but I haven't got the snowplow or the wing on it yet this winter.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I'm several months late on this reply, but:
Yesterday (JAN 30, 2023) I loaded up the old girl with too many pounds of sand and spread it on several driveways. The poor thing is getting pretty moth-eaten, and the frame is sagging, she's addicted to ether for the first start every day, and is daylight only for lights. I still mount the sander every year, but I haven't got the snowplow or the wing on it yet this winter.
Mine got the obligatory 2-hour end-of-season wash job and the plow taken off in March... It hasn't moved since except to jump-start my GF's 2011 F250 :ROFLMAO: .. Lately , the M880 has become a storage/wash facility for steel fence posts we are pulling out of the "retired" pastures to sell .. As the M880 goes to sleep for the summer, the M890 has been awakened from its winter/spring slumber and has been out and about hauling lumber and heavy equip parts.. Next week it has to take the beavertail out on a run to obtain a few tons of old equip to be used for parts

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled two of the four old NOS tires out of storage and mounted them today as the snow came down outside of the 1980's expandable GI tent.. i think i bought the tires in 2008 or so .. Goodyear "Workhorse" brand , and studded ... I don't think we can get any 9:50x16.5's like this anymore .. Still like-new and not a single crack !

20240112_142830.jpg

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The end of mud season brings the obligatory rut removal day .. I don't put wear on the dozer undercarriage when an easy backdrag (usually) works ! ;)

20240314_133605#1 copy.jpg

Murphy's Law likes the month of March.. It has been in the 40's and decent for a couple weeks now and sap is running nicely.. So you see a couple days ago I backdragged and cleaned up for an early spring, but March can be fickle and can let 36" of snow hit the ground within 24 hours .. Last night it unexpectedly came and thankfully it was nothing, but the wind is whipping a zero wind chill and the girls out there are cold!

If you crank over any of those three trucks today, the cummins' are each gonna say "No! no! no... no ......no....,, no..........no ..................no"
click click click

20240319_073315 copy.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks