• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought brand new CTIS ECU. (Controller)
Thats the last part to replace since the original 60A alternator fried it and PCB and ABS module.

Already replaced the other items with brand new ones.

The 100A Delco-Remy Alternator I have now is worth every cent!!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They arent bad. They are meant to be done in the field. I can have one out in around an hour. That includes pulling the bed. Hardest part is getting the bed back on. A transfer case on a 931 takes me around 2hrs start to finish. Nothing to it.
That's a hard way to get good at something! Practice like that I could do without. Hope your next trip goes smoother.

Spyderman

They arent bad. They are meant to be done in the field. I can have one out in around an hour. That includes pulling the bed. Hardest part is getting the bed back on. A transfer case on a 931 takes me around 2hrs start to finish. Nothing to it.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
I know who I am going to call if I need one swapped.

Sent from my webslinger!

twisted60

Been a busy few days, turned up the fuel and adjusted the throttle linkage, she feels much better now, acceleration is much better and I don't feel like I'm trying to push a hole in the floor to get up to 55 mph.

Fixed a cut wire on the back of the ABS light, now it stays on, started trouble shooting the ABS system, both fuses are correct and not blown, cleaned and re-seated the plug on the control unit between rear axles, then stopped for a break, found the couch and that's as far as I got... haha

74M35A2

I like the way you write.

Which fuelie's did you tweak? Sounds like just top one, or rear also?

Your ABS module was probably over-volted.

twisted60

Just tweaked the top fuel adjustment and adjusted the throttle linkage, linkage was basically set to min, I broke the jam nut and started turning, not sure how many turns I went but linkage did not fall apart in my hands so guess I did not go too far...

I have another ABS Module but I'll "try" to follow the trouble shooting procedure first. I don't have the info center test goodie from Haldex so I'm pretty sure I will loose interest in trouble shooting and just throw a new Module at her and see what happens.

Ford Mechanic

Pulled both seats to install some new ones. Got the drivers installed but the floor was in rough shape from the water held in the mat and the acid leeched from the batteries so I sent it to the welding shop. Now to re paint the floor and find something to do as anti-slip.

I would up load the pics but Tapatalk is being stubborn.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled both seats to install some new ones. Got the drivers installed but the floor was in rough shape from the water held in the mat and the acid leeched from the batteries so I sent it to the welding shop. Now to re paint the floor and find something to do as anti-slip.

I would up load the pics but Tapatalk is being stubborn.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Sprinkle grit on the tacky paint is a good option. You can buy special clear grit that looks a little nicer and holds up a little better or just use white sand or black beauty.

tucker79

So how in the **** do you get these giant Hutchinson run flats out of the 1600s. I know that poor horse has been beat to death but I was cruising rite along w the 1st 4, break down the last 2 & find these even bigger runflats

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
i love how a video titled how to remove a runflat in 15 seconds is 40 seconds long... BUT that seems to be the way to do it lol
I can do them in around 30 seconds but very few people here have the resources i use to get mine out.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks