• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

zout

My rough cut pieces are 3/8ths steel - my cross tube is 3/8ths steel 6"x6" - all the cross bracing gussets are 3/8th steel as well. I do not think they have a class for what this will tote when I am done.

Amer-team

Helped a friend change a couple tires on his M923A1 out at Brad's. He had a couple of Michelin's on it and needed Goodyears to match the others. Also adjusted his right mirror braces that were improperly installed. The bracket tilted back towards the back of the truck, so much that the mirror could not be adjusted up enough to see properly. Wrapped a few lengths of rope around the top, hooked a come-along to it and the back of my truck and pulled it up into place. Had to take a few raps with the 4 pound hammer on the front strut to bow it, to make it line up right. Worked like a champ.

2mtrucks

I installed a (manually operated) dome light. It is dark 14 hours a day right now and I found myself often using my flashlight to locate something in the cab or even to see my battery or starter switch. I also lock up the steering wheel and it was hard to unlock in the dark. Well worth the $10 spent.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
1---Installed front spade mounts
2---Installed fuel can mount on inner left front bumper for 5 gal. of coolent,
3---Installed venier cable in place of hand throttle, now can adjust RPM down to about 1 incrument if needed, no more to low at one notch and to high at the next notch, the warmer the engine, the finer the control is.

Swiss's m62 got a real nice BIG fuel/water/dirt seperator CAT fuel filter installed.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IT'S BACK...been a while for this thread.

Last week I installed a pair of red lollipop lights. Then I reinstalled a new trailer brake hand valve to include a new front shuttle valve (had to clean the rear shuttle valve...yuck), all new DOT nylon tubing and push-to-connect fittings.

DSC_0034.jpgDSC_0035.jpgDSC_0037.jpgDSC_0039.jpg

Amer-team

M923 -Installed spacers under the fuel can carrier so that it is not directly on top of the tool box. This allows for removal of the fuel can strap, so it doesn't rot out. Lubed the door catches and greased the truck except for the zerks between the transmission and transfer case. I need an extension to get on them. Some of the grease fittings still had tan paint on them, so guess that they had not been greased since it was painted.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
1--Installed spade mounts and spades on each bed rail
2--Installed water/fuel can holders on the L/R forward mud flaps
3--Installed a set of rear lights on the beacon mount plates
4--Installed fuel can holder on right cab step in front of battery box
5--Rebuilt tow lights/cable, made a pigtail to fit in towed vehicle trailer plug
6--Installed first aid kit on cab back wall up behind drivers seat
7--Working on power divider mod

TacticalDoc

cleaned out my battery box and made a frame for the batteries. Will have all 4 batteries in it. 2 for the lights on my control panel. The other for the truck.
battery box.jpgCab electronics.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks