• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

I made my annual trip for pellet fuel in the M813. This time I brought along a visiting friend from Britain who is a WWII militaria junkie.
He absolutely loved it saying "It's much less agricultural than I expected." LOL.
Was he talking about Anne Arundel County?

Shoot, I remeber when even Prince Georges County was agricultural (tobacco farms either side of the Beltway). But I'm an OId Man now, and everything always changes!

Maybe show him the Eastern Shore, Talbot County or something, you know?

Ajax MD

Was he talking about Anne Arundel County?

Shoot, I remeber when even Prince Georges County was agricultural (tobacco farms either side of the Beltway). But I'm an OId Man now, and everything always changes!

Maybe show him the Eastern Shore, Talbot County or something, you know?
He was referring to the feel of the truck's ride, not the scenery. :)

Another Ahab

Well, this is what I did this weekend…
View attachment 881772
good news is I can change out the torque rod ends super easily now…. Once upright, everything worked great!
Glad there's no heartburn, bchristensen, and that truck of yours looks real good from any angle:

- But, you just GOT to tell us The Story behind your truck "taking a nap"like that!

:driver::naner::driver:

bchristensen

Glad there's no heartburn, bchristensen, and that truck of yours looks real good from any angle:

- But, you just GOT to tell us The Story behind your truck "taking a nap"like that!

:driver::naner::driver:
Yep, was time for a nap. I bought some land, it has a 6 acre pond that is about 2’ deep. I need 10’ to raise some fish over winter so I bought some equipment. I wanted to have some fun so I opted for an M929A1 dump truck - as opposed to a boring normal dump truck.

I have this friend that loves to dig holes and drive dump trucks. He has been a huge help in excavating this pond all year. But… he also breaks things pretty regularly. He sent a tree through the window. Fixed that. He broke the PTO shear pin. Fixed that. He broke a torque rod end. All new down there now. And this weekend, well l loaded him up and ten feet later he drove off the little hill he himself built 20 minutes earlier. It was just too much for the beast to stay upright. A few adjustments and it was running great the rest of the day.

New metal cab coming, couple of windows, exhaust stack.. the usual. Taking the opportunity to overhaul a lot of things. If anyone has a passenger side mirror bracket (the whole thing) I’d like to talk. Can’t seem to find the thing I thought would be easy.

He has been a ton of help and I just knock it up to the cost of having company. It started out as free labor but… I didn’t mention the other equipment that he’s been on. Two excavators, lots of mud…. My wife just told me there is a YouTube story here somewhere.

-Brian

3D6BBC82-1272-4ACF-AC08-B6B1FA6BB6FD.jpeg534E14E5-3484-4708-B19E-56D3A080AE2E.jpegD0F71992-DF11-4CAC-AC13-7BE625DD9DDD.jpeg

bchristensen

Yep, was time for a nap. I bought some land, it has a 6 acre pond that is about 2’ deep. I need 10’ to raise some fish over winter so I bought some equipment. I wanted to have some fun so I opted for an M929A1 dump truck - as opposed to a boring normal dump truck.

I have this friend that loves to dig holes and drive dump trucks. He has been a huge help in excavating this pond all year. But… he also breaks things pretty regularly. He sent a tree through the window. Fixed that. He broke the PTO shear pin. Fixed that. He broke a torque rod end. All new down there now. And this weekend, well l loaded him up and ten feet later he drove off the little hill he himself built 20 minutes earlier. It was just too much for the beast to stay upright. A few adjustments and it was running great the rest of the day.

New metal cab coming, couple of windows, exhaust stack.. the usual. Taking the opportunity to overhaul a lot of things. If anyone has a passenger side mirror bracket (the whole thing) I’d like to talk. Can’t seem to find the thing I thought would be easy.

He has been a ton of help and I just knock it up to the cost of having company. It started out as free labor but… I didn’t mention the other equipment that he’s been on. Two excavators, lots of mud…. My wife just told me there is a YouTube story here somewhere.

-Brian

View attachment 882084View attachment 882085View attachment 882086
Oh and I probably shouldn’t leave out the pics of the excavator in the pond. Not one, both excavators. We had to lay down some rules…

The two moose in the background just laughing was a nice touch.
C2569B9E-7D02-4A7A-8F03-61CD7C36E03C.jpeg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks