• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

I got quite a few people looking at me like I was crazy yesterday. Had the 5-ton in the driveway and backhoe on the front lawn setting the bed. People seem to think this kinda stuff isn't "normal" in a residential neighborhood, oh well.
I'm very happy with the way it fits. All that measuring before I started cutting and welding actually paid off.

09-21-2013 - 002.jpg

09-21-2013 - 003.jpg

09-21-2013 - 004.jpg

4x4e350

I got quite a few people looking at me like I was crazy yesterday. Had the 5-ton in the driveway and backhoe on the front lawn setting the bed. People seem to think this kinda stuff isn't "normal" in a residential neighborhood, oh well.
I'm very happy with the way it fits. All that measuring before I started cutting and welding actually paid off.
That looks great! Good job.

skuhler

This is from this Spring, actually. We use the trucks on the farm, this one I picked up our seed corn from the Pioneer dealer in New Franklin, MO. That's somewhere around 6,000 lbs of seed right there. We also use it to pull anhydrous ammonia tanks to the farm. Usually, we'll pull two tanks hooked in tandem, about 16,000 lbs total. Truck handles it like it wasn't even there!M923.jpg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Thanks that was all the weight they could stack on it. I could have pulled more. A deuce on singles tried to pull it his front tires went up in the air about 2 feet. I was surprised that the deuce couldn't do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks