• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Outlier

That's probably 1000 miles since it's last rebuild. In Europe they change the speedometer to new on every rebuild.
It was 1000 mi since last rebuild. 960 to be exact. I didn't mean to make it sound otherwise. My apologies if i did. The plate from RRAD says it had 720 on it at the time of rebuild in 2010 or 2012.... i can't remember and i am not near the truck. Obviously we have no idea how many rebuilds this truck received before that. EVERYTHING mechanical on the truck is in "like new" condition. We did well with our acquisition.

Carlo

It was 1000 mi since last rebuild. 960 to be exact. I didn't mean to make it sound otherwise. My apologies if i did. The plate from RRAD says it had 720 on it at the time of rebuild in 2010 or 2012.... i can't remember and i am not near the truck. Obviously we have no idea how many rebuilds this truck received before that. EVERYTHING mechanical on the truck is in "like new" condition. We did well with our acquisition.
No problem. I used as example the US Army in Europe. When they do a rebuild complete the change out the speedometer.

helomech

I built a little hoist for my truck. Did not have a way to get heavy items in the back and I have to go and pick up 4 tires this week. This should do it.

IMG_3321.jpgIMG_3326.jpg

And I think I want to mount my spare air tank right here. Let me know if it is a mistake or not.

IMG_3322.jpg

helomech

How about a few pictures of how you mounted it?
A few of the welds are ugly, but here is the mount. The top part still slides off the base, so if I don't need it I can lay it in the bed. There is also another mount that can't really be seen in the pic, but it is just like the one going to the right side, but it goes forward. It is made with 3 inch drill pipe, and it has a 2 inch pipe inside that allows it to swivel. Just need to wire it up permanently, and I am done. It can be taken out with 9 bolts, nothing is welded to the truck.

IMG_3323.jpg

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At or above 100 here for the last week and through next week. Very little chance of rain either.
This has been the coldest year that I can remember up in the DFW area, and I can't believe the amount of rain we received in July.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled the rotted Muffler out of the 818. Now sitting here wondering put the replacement in or straight pipe it.:???:
Strait pipe may result in "Hearing Protection Required", I remember a older 250 powered ag combine w/ a straight pipe.
Sounded good but loud. Maybe rig a temp install to test the dbs.
Let us know
JC

tbar123

Finally mounted the last 4 wheels ,Which I must say isn't a 1 man job. But I did it anyway! Hopefully this weekend they will actually be on the truck!!big boy wheels.jpg

JarheadMtn

I had a load of wood to haul off the mountain and had a tire blow out 3 miles away from where I needed to deliver the wood. There is a reason they call these the Rocky Mountains, they sure eat tires. The tire was destroyed, so I used the blade and bucket on the excavator to help pull off the remains of the old tire. Time to clean up the old rim and mount another tire so I can bring the 813 home. I had recently decided to pull the spare tire off the bed and keep it in a pick up since there would be no way to get it out of the truck when it was loaded with wood. I am thinking about a way to mount the spare on the front bumper so I can get to it easier and not have it taking up cargo space.

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got my M923 dropside bed picked up, sectioned out and installed on my truck. I got the bed out of Hesperia, CA and had Those Military Guys in Rancho Cucamonga, CA do all the fab work and the installation. We already slapped a coat of 686 Sand on the sides and the tailgate. Troop seats, headache racks, short racks and bulkhead rack have been modified and installed. Today I finished moving and wiring the taillights, reverse light, ID and marker lights.
SDC12434.jpgSDC12454.jpgSDC12453.jpgSDC12456.jpgSDC12460.jpgSDC12458.jpg
SDC12470.jpg

I still have to paint the bed interior, re-install the mudguards, modify the license plate bracket and wire the amidships amber marker lights among other projects.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks