• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Alexsha

Replaced the lift pump. Now the truck starts up consistently. Need to check it after a couple days of sitting and see if it loses prime. Then it's on to fixing my 5 light ctis and non operational abs.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed the oil in the transfer case and added some Lucas additive.
Replaced the speedometer cable seal on the back of the transfer case. Not sure if the O-ring is going to work in place of the seal though.
Repaired a couple of rust holes in the muffler with some QuickSteel Extreme rated for 2400°. This should hold me till I can round up a new muffler.
Repainted the exhaust manifold, pipe and muffler with Rust-oleum High Heat.
Sourced an input shaft seal for the steering box. This will fix the last of my leaks.

New Fleetguard FS-1201 fuel filter showed up today. Will replace that, along with a new fuel shut-off solenoid, tomorrow evening.

plode

Finished installing a new blower motor and blower motor wheel. I have heat now!
Also fixed some incorrect wiring of the parking lights/marker lights. Not sure when it was done, but someone had their hands in the wiring because it was all duct taped together. The wire for the marker lights was connected to the parking lights, so when ever you put it on "service drive" the parking lights would be on too. Got it all situated. No more duct tape :lol:

Maybe it's just me, but the more I drive the truck, the better everything seems to work...and it seems to run smoother.
Next up is replacing the fuel lines. It looses its prime(barely) over the course of a few days, but I have no visible fuel leaks. I just have to push the primer a few times before starting the truck right now.
Does anyone know the proper size fuel line that is supposed to be on the M923A2?

Carlo

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI've got some rentals this winter in the alps. I was lucky to win five 6 wheel chain sets for the 900's and made a trial fitting today. I must say it's not easy putting them on. I can only imagine what it's like to mount them with the wheel on the truck! The spider web chains offer the best coverage.

ke5eua

Charged the batteries last night and put them back in today. Started her up and she fought good but gave in and belched out copious amounts of white smoke.

Took her into Killeen and noticed she was letting out a little black smoke at high rpms.

todds112

View attachment 530108View attachment 530109View attachment 530107I've got some rentals this winter in the alps. I was lucky to win five 6 wheel chain sets for the 900's and made a trial fitting today. I must say it's not easy putting them on. I can only imagine what it's like to mount them with the wheel on the truck! The spider web chains offer the best coverage.
Those are some great looking chains. Bet they weigh a ton! I can only imagine the chore to install them. Wouldn't want to try that in the snow along the side of the road!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started in on all wheel bearings for repacking. Did not leak but someone nicked this seal on hub install.New seals comming repack bearings and pack hub with grease. Light lube service on Stopmaster ll wedge brakes.

Attachments

Artisan

..and yes, the diamond chains are cool bat insanely heavy.
Speaking of chains, I just got another large pile of 1400R20
snow or mud chains, maybe a ton and a half or so of them.
Most are still in the manufactures bags still unused!
Possibly a little rust, I will not be opening the bags to look.
If you are in need PM me. They are in SO CALIF.

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being sick and tired of throwing my chocks in the bed and no room anywhere else, I installed a storage bracket on my left fuel tank protector. And, yes, I checked for clearance during axle articulation. I just put the 4-ton on it and lifted it the stop [thumbzup]. The chocks and the bracket are both from Worden's and are made for each other.
DSC_0249.jpgDSC_0248.jpgDSC_0250.jpg

I installed a jerry can holder along the right side of the in-bed tool box I installed about a month ago. The holder used to hang on the right/rear mudguard, but after the drop side bed was installed the configuration wasn't working anymore.
DSC_0254.jpgDSC_0252.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks