• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy, -the glove box/cup holder is a clean application, do you have the part number/source handy?
Thanks
JC
Sure. It goes in with a little modification to one side, but actually easy.

Just look on a popular auction site for " marine locking glove box drink holder "

Last edited:

MtnSnow

Nice glove box setup Andyrv6av8r.
Question though...What "modification" needs to be done? To the glove box or the dash or ?

todds112

I removed and reinstalled the engine stop solenoid. Mine was mounted upside down (wires coming out the bottom). The throttle linkage was rubbing on the wires and was starting to wear through. Glad I caught it. Looks like a brand new solenoid.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nah...You got to be $h1tt1ing me.....Really??? :naner:

It goes in with a little modification to one side.. <--- What little modification?
Yeah the right rear corner needs trimmed and the corner closed in with the trimmed piece and some acetone. ( Thanks Carrie!) It's a simple task. The corner is cut off to avoid hitting the passenger defroster flex duct. I can take more pictures and explain in more detail if needed.

dawico

Yeah the right rear corner needs trimmed and the corner closed in with the trimmed piece and some acetone. ( Thanks Carrie!) It's a simple task. The corner is cut off to avoid hitting the passenger defroster flex duct. I can take more pictures and explain in more detail if needed.
Sounds simple but if you could just come install one in my truck then I will fully understand.

Very good mod sir.

MtnSnow

Thank you Andyrv6av8r.[thumbzup]

Now that I understand what the modification is I think I will be able to handle it when it arrives.

Gunzy

I replaced my hood with one of the new ones out of Sierra Army Depot in Herlong, Ca. Not a huge job, but be prepared for spinning nut plates and stripped bolts. I did it for the new insulation as mine was falling apart and my hood was rusting some. I also reinstalled my bridge plate. Now I just need to get my hydraulic tank installed, replace a leaky rear transfer case output seal and mount my HID/IR lights.002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg

0311DAD

Installed left axle boot,(like wrestling a greased pig). replaced dimmer switch, and installed engine block heater. only to find engine oil in coolant. Guess its time to replace oil cooler and seals.

MtnSnow

Greg....I think the bridge plate needs different numbers to be correct for the M923/925 trucks. I would think it would be either a #16 (32K lbs) &.or when pulling a max loaded trailer it could be up to a #26 (52k lbs total loaded weight truck & trailer)

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a piece of canvas for a winter hood. Tired of the cardboard.

Wife was kind enough to sew the edges so they won't fray. Maybe she's warming to the beast.

WP_20150208_001.jpgWP_20150208_003.jpg

Thanks to artisan for the magnet idea. Makes re-config easy.

Oh, pretty sure Greg has the weight numbers on the money.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was a pecan tree that fell victim to a lightning strike. We're going to make 2 cuts where the branches come together to make a table top. The grain in this area should make for a nice pattern. The rest of the base and top will be firewood. We cut it into smaller pieces in order to navigate through the trees better. I wanted to drag it out whole to save some trips but it wasn't going to happen. Most of the tree was still by the creek when these were taken.

Carlos, this is the tree that was across the creek. I thought long and hard about attempting the crossing with the truck but decided against it. Making the crossing would've been fun but would have definitely resulted in much time and effort recovering the truck lol. We resorted to using about 250' of chains and cables to get it to the proper side. I'll get you some shots like you want when it warms up a bit.

IMG_20150206_174641_062.jpg

IMG_20150206_174626_175.jpg

Gunzy

Greg....I think the bridge plate needs different numbers to be correct for the M923/925 trucks. I would think it would be either a #16 (32K lbs) &.or when pulling a max loaded trailer it could be up to a #26 (52k lbs total loaded weight truck & trailer)
I think my number is right on the money. LOLrofl

jackson76550

image.jpgTheres a bit of size difference...

i peeled the insulation off the firewall to begin some rust repair on the floor....it was not as fun as i thought it would be

Rhurey JaTonka makes some real nice cold weather fronts for the M939 series. He also has all the hardware to hold it on. I am sure yours does the job just figured I would mention in case you wanted to keep the military look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks